Preon Penlight Burnt Orange on Clearance! $30 once they are gone they are gone!

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
It starts to look like we have a pattern developing... Preons have been sold out color by color, too, there are just the black ones available any more (+limited edition green).
Maybe they'll clearance the limited green and titanium Preons. Then I'd be forced to buy a few, I missed out on the titanium 219B Preons. I'd love to get a few modded with Nichia and XP-L.

The green would be for my wife, her favorite color is green.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
It starts to look like we have a pattern developing... Preons have been sold out color by color, too, there are just the black ones available any more (+limited edition green).

No plans to discontinue the Preon's we just elimated yellow from the colors!

Thanks
Reid

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they'll clearance the limited green and titanium Preons. Then I'd be forced to buy a few, I missed out on the titanium 219B Preons. I'd love to get a few modded with Nichia and XP-L.

The green would be for my wife, her favorite color is green.

Shoot me a email maybe I can help you out! [email protected]

No plans to discontinue the titanium, when toxic green sells out its done.

Thanks
Reid

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what's going on with your website, but there are a bunch of Blackvue products listed among your lights.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost all will power when the Mocha's went on sale, got two. Love this little light, neat form factor. Beam is what you would expect from an orange peel reflector smaller than a Cheerio, has a hotspot, but it is HUGE - very useful for what I will use this sort of light for. High is more of a burst feature in my opinion, as evidenced by the 22 minute run time and the heat generated in the narrow head, but it gives the wide beam a lot of throw via brute force. It actually tailstands on the button, but you need a good surface and have to balance it carefully. From the pictures I thought it might be a bit big to carry in a shirt pocket like a pen, but it is definitely not, size and weight are great for this.

Did not care for the level of green tint in one of my two samples, so I added a tiny Pale Gold Lee filter to it, and it is a pretty neutral tint now, very nice. Just a tip, for a while I thought for sure my switch was wonky, mode skipping, changing modes if I just wiggled the button or tapped on the light, but would not change from high by accident once there. Make sure the main joint in the tube is good and tight. That got just a bit loose and wreaked havoc. The upside of that is that if you give it a quarter turn loose, you have full lockout, as mentioned. I like the approach Lynx Arc used for adding thread retention with teflon tape if you are going to carry it this way. I have used that on a few of my twisty lights that were too loose also. In my shirt pocket, I don't see any threat of accidental activation.

Thanks for the great deal, FourSevens! Now I have these to compliment my other 20+ FourSevens lights :crazy:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was carrying my Orange Preon Penlight as a backup light while on vacation. I carried it for about 1 hour to the grocery store in my back pocket. I got back to the room, the light was on, on medium and warm. I didn't carry it for the rest of the trip.

It's a shame that such a nice looking and performing light had a big functionality issue like this.

I carried it for a week about 18 months ago in my front pocket and didn't have too many problems, but I think it came on once or twice in that week, but I was able to notice it and turn it off before it wore down the batteries.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Is it possible to unscrew the two pieces so as to lock-out the ability to turn on?

~ Chance
sure you can twist the center part 1/4 turn to lock it out but the threads are so smooth and loose that in a pocket it can either retighten it up or loosen it to the point you have two halves of a light in your pocket.

nbp

Flashaholic
When I have mine clipped in dress pants pocket I have been unscrewing it just enough for the light to go out, after having a couple accidental activations. This seems to work fairly well. So I turn it on/off with the twist and soft tap the switch for mode changes. I have not had it either tighten back up or loosen considerably using this method.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black and red Delta Tech Ops Penlights are now on clearance. The brown is tempting, but I don't think there's an easy fix for the tail switch like the Preon.

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
To give more drag on a twist action, a bit of appropriately sized heat shrink tubing heated just so works for me on lights that accidental on with twist lockout.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or wrap the threads with a bit of teflon plumbers tape, that's what I use. Makes threads nice and smooth, but firm, and essentially eliminates wear.