• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Progress on April's Batch

murrydan

Newly Enlightened
I was able to add one to my cart, but when I got to the cart it said sold out. So close. :mecry:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sales like this boils down to the speed of your Internet, unfortunately...
Fastest fingers & Internet wins.

okluma

Enlightened
My ti TinyDC is sporting a new H17F driver. So sweet...

I've built a couple up with that H17F driver. I can't figure out how to get it into programming mode, despite trying for an hour.

I was able to add one to my cart, but when I got to the cart it said sold out. So close. :mecry:

I'm sorry. There were more people than ever trying to checkout. Don't worry, I'll be making more just as soon as these have shipped. :thumbsup:

I actually got a few angry comments from people who didn't get one. That's definitely my least favorite part of selling flashlights. :(

nbp

Flashaholic
Welcome to dealing with customers. Unfortunately there will always be some you can't please. I don't know what you can do to help them. It's nice you even tell us when the sales will be, a lot of times you have to just keep checking a seller's site and hope to find them in stock. Don't worry too much. They can always get one on the secondary market too.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's better than taking money and making people wait for months & months. I think you're doing a fine job. :thumbsup:

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've built a couple up with that H17F driver. I can't figure out how to get it into programming mode, despite trying for an hour.

I'm sorry. There were more people than ever trying to checkout. Don't worry, I'll be making more just as soon as these have shipped. :thumbsup:

I actually got a few angry comments from people who didn't get one. That's definitely my least favorite part of selling flashlights. :(

You could always increase the price by x% & see if that dilutes the purchasing pool...

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're doing just fine. With good work at a reasonable price with good aesthetic, there is naturally going to be a lot of demand. Sadly not everyone who fails to acquire one will react with good sportsmanship.

Lottery, first come first serve, reservation list, order list, all the same problem since someone always misses out. I recall reading that the makers of the upcoming "No Man's Sky" received death threats upon announcing they were delaying the release two months to make sure the game was ready for release....
The internet gives voice to some people who don't know well enough to be responsible with it.

Keep up the good work!

No doubt. I couldn't refresh my browser fast enough. I got to the PayPal page and watched it disappear before I could finish. Great job in the sale!!

okluma

Enlightened
You're doing just fine. With good work at a reasonable price with good aesthetic, there is naturally going to be a lot of demand. Sadly not everyone who fails to acquire one will react with good sportsmanship.

Lottery, first come first serve, reservation list, order list, all the same problem since someone always misses out. I recall reading that the makers of the upcoming "No Man's Sky" received death threats upon announcing they were delaying the release two months to make sure the game was ready for release....
The internet gives voice to some people who don't know well enough to be responsible with it.

Keep up the good work!
Wow, death threats? That's incredible. That makes me feel better about a few upset people that missed out.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but all my negative interactions so far haven't been with customers, just with people who tried to buy one and couldn't.

AndrwTNT

Newly Enlightened

Let me know if this helps you at all..
(*I always forget the rules about posting links so if this gets deleted I'll shoot you an email)

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21...43b4f62a89efc71a57b3df895267&oe=57688021&dl=1

Unfortunate part about offering such an outstanding product..

IMHO, you are actually doing it the best (most fair) way possible. First come first serve or even waiting lists are better than randomly lucky draw lottos (unless it's a special edition or one off. Congrats on the sale, Jeff!!

-JP

Newly Enlightened
Part of the fun is the hunt. People should understand your not a robot and can't produce stuff 24/7 among all the other things you do. You sound like a really good guy who makes a great
product from what I seen and all the threads I read. I really enjoy the back story behind your lights as well. I signed up to your list since I missed out the last time around. Just got a new smart phone hopefully it's quicker when the email comes in LOL.