Project optics

Wylie

Enlightened
Here we are more than 15 years later with focusing LED flashlights at many retailers based on the same construction I was toying with. Like I could have defended a patent like this anyway or would have been willing to invest myself as deeply as some others have.

I've built literally hundreds of fishing rods with my patented illumination, most of which I have to admit were not up to a standard I would have preferred, others were as good as some custom builds, basically at my own expense being the time invested and myself not being as fast as seasoned fishing rod builders.

Through the mix one fellow I was trying to work with came out with some ice fishing rods to test the market without my knowledge. He botched it up with most of the manufactured product not even operating properly, more defamation than than flattery by an extreme measure!

Seems my suggested construction of an LED illuminated fishing rod with a high UV spectrum charging glow in the dark powder incorporated into the rod blanks is fairing well. Whether the product actually is from the person I suggested it to or not I couldn't say but it has shown the interest in the market place not known so well previously.

The wind has long been ripped out of my sails as many before me and I've ended up as an employee slaving for the more fortunate again. Two years protection left with the patent and I would imagine there will be efforts at marketing the laser fishing rods once the patent lapses.

Looking at the date of my last post in this thread I guess I moved into my house earlier than I've been thinking, time's a slippery subject!

Last edited:

Wylie

Enlightened
Wylie, do you have some current images of this product?
I got into custom flashlights about 2009, so this is the first I've heard of this.

You mean the fishing rods?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoHpFR3Qcuk

The focusing flashlight optics are all over the market now.

My email settings need updated here in this forum I guess as I just happened back through in sending a friend a little history. We'll see if I can straighten that up.