• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Questions & FAQ - Oveready / TorchLAB

LowFlux

Enlightened
Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

They are called crenelations. You would want a crenelated bezel ring.

scaredofthedark

Enlightened

yea i knew that, but in the pictures at the bottom there is a light with 5 crenelations, and one with 6 crenelations. how do i get the one with 6?

Nite

Enlightened

Are these tritium slots on my Cryos head? What size are they? The SF C P sized one...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

yea i knew that, but in the pictures at the bottom there is a light with 5 crenelations, and one with 6 crenelations. how do i get the one with 6?

Sorry for the confusion. The 6 point is tall and heavy, so we had the 5 point custom made.

We don't carry the 6 point any longer, but they are available elsewhere.

Are these tritium slots on my Cryos head? What size are they? The SF C P sized one...

We have tritium ready bezel rings, here. But you're probably describing the slots in the bezel itself.

Please see here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?346603-Cryos-II-Tritium-Installation

Last edited:

BeamED

Newly Enlightened

Hey Dan,

I've read the posts about runtime of a C2 on high with the 1600 triple. A few questions: Length of M2 vs. C2. Will the A19 extender fit the M2 for 18500 cells? How much more runtime is gained with the M2 vs. C2 using 18500 cells on high mode? And finally, any idea when the HML 1600's will be in stock? I really like the look of that M2 bezel and I would think it would significantly handle the heat better. I will purchase this light as soon as the engine is in stock.

Thank you for your time

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Length of M2 vs. C2

M2 and C2 bodies are identical in all physical ways. In total, the C2 is about 5 inches. With the larger bezel, the M2 is about 5.5 inches.

Will the A19 extender fit the M2 for 18500 cells

Yes, the A19 adds 34mm to the 65mm and yields about 99mm. The extra length is easily handled by the springs at each end.

This will soon be a moot point, however, as our last ever natural HA A19's are almost gone.

How much more runtime is gained with the M2 vs. C2 using 18500 cells on high mode?

This is more complicated. Assuming you mean either light with a single 18650 vs a pair of 18500's, the H3 Triple will run at less power on the reduced voltage of a single battery, increasing its runtime advantage. Our H1 and H3 pages include runtime estimation tables for calculating and comparison purposes.

any idea when the HML 1600's will be in stock?

We have more XPG2 boards on the way, but do not have a landing date yet. We hope to have finished drop ins ready before March.

I really like the look of that M2 bezel and I would think it would significantly handle the heat better.

There is some debate on this. The M2 bezel offers more mass for heat to 'soak' into, but the M2 bezel's design means heat goes dropin>body>head. In high heat applications, the whole light will get warm, but the bezel may not get hot soon enough to take advantage of its extra mass otherwise so near the LED. So the advantage of the extra mass may be canceled by the heat path.

This of course would not apply to our custom M2 XML configurations that include a heat path between the LED and bezel:

SFC2-XML.jpg

DAN92

Enlightened

We have more XPG2 boards on the way, but do not have a landing date yet. We hope to have finished drop ins ready before March.
good info '.

is there a difference in longevity between the switch McClicky MedPress and HardPress? :thinking:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

is there a difference in longevity between the switch McClicky MedPress and HardPress? :thinking:

Sorry for the confusion. There is only one McClicky switch. All differences in 'press-ness' are differences in boot.

Medium and hard press boots are made with the same mold. HP is rubber, MP is silicon. Any differences in longevity would come down to the two materials. We have not tested for such differences.

BeamED

Newly Enlightened

Very well then. Thank you for the very detailed answer and where to look for other information. �� Looking forward to new batch of XPG2 H3's.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will a TL50 with a ZRS hold 2 x 18350 or just 1 x 18650?

Will a ZRS + TL20 + A19 hold 2x 18350 or just 1 x 18650?

i know the answer depends on the spring in the dropin. Assume a Malkoff or Torchlab.

I can't find a definative answer. Thank you.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will a TL50 with a ZRS hold 2 x 18350 or just 1 x 18650?

i know the answer depends on the spring in the dropin. Assume a Malkoff or Torchlab.

I can't find a definative answer. Thank you.

A TL50 with ZRS will hold either 2 x 18350 or 1 x 18650.

Don't know about the other.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

2x18350 are pretty long for this setup, compressing more than half the length of a drop in spring. But it will fit and function.

Thanks TWL!