Ra Clicky's Clip: Where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude..I will let you use my clicky as a guinea pig..i'll ship you my light..you do your best with the clip mod and i'll pay for return shipping too..i really will not use my clicky w/o a good clip so i'll take one for the team!!

Is this directed toward me and the McGizmo clip mod I mentioned?

Sure, PM me.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
A sandblasting cabinet. :devil:

Like I mentioned before, unless you re-coat it with something, like paint for example, the bare steel of the clip will rust in short order.

I guess you could just keep it oiled or waxed, but why deal with the extra chore.

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened
Like I mentioned before, unless you re-coat it with something, like paint for example, the bare steel of the clip will rust in short order.

This one will be my Work light, lots of contact with my oil or grease from my fingers.
I sandblastet the Cilp of the Light that should not be named, and it never hat rust on it. :)

If there will be some rust, i can sandblast it again ... :nana:

Alex

Katoom

Newly Enlightened
Sappyg,

The spring thickness is not that thick, so probably this has made it a little weaker. I bent (squished with vice grips) the folded piece at the top a little (some of the chrome cracked doing this) and it grips better than the original. It will be fine for me.

And I used Valvoline Tectyl to paint it (dries to a hard clear film on metals).

sappyg

Enlightened
Holes would have to be in line with the stock clip holes. Any farther forward and you are drilling into the reflector or the small space between the reflector and heat sink anyway. Any further back and you are drilling into the electronics.

Here's an approximation of what it would look like...
tapedonexample.jpg

:thinking:.... i still think i would rather modify a clip to fit the light than modify the light to fit a clip. if someone could make that clip fit my clicky :hitit:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking:.... i still think i would rather modify a clip to fit the light than modify the light to fit a clip. if someone could make that clip fit my clicky :hitit:

The only way I can think to modify the clip to fit the light would be to weld extra material onto the clip. I don't even know how or if welding titanium works or what equipment would be needed.

If you want that clip on that light, I'd have to drill and tap at least one hole.

sappyg

Enlightened
Why don't you buy this clip? :thinking:

b/c i like the solution that gottawearshades has found.... does'nt HAVE to be that specific clip but does have to have the low profile and not interfear with my edc holster. i don't have to have a clip but one that would work for me would be a nice bonus.
i have asked chip if he would consider making one similar to it and he does not sound interested.

My Ra is happy with a vital gear clip.

clip2.jpg

IMHO this clip looks like it was made for the clicky and it does'nt detract from the form of the light or obstruct the use of the light.

Ritch

Enlightened
My EDC-E with a shortened deep carry clip - the clip does'nt cover the whole bezel - made by Chip. I call it the 'Short Low Rider'. :)

RA-EDCE-5.jpg

Last edited:

The Sun

Enlightened
I am with you Saturn. If my light stares at me and gives me a beaming smile, I do the same back. We have a nice relationship.
icon12.gif

Jeff

i like the eyes too :D, but i don't like the holes, so i filed them with black 4-40 headless hex screws (like set screws). they fit perectly flush, and all you see if the tiny hex holes. +1 for ACE Hardware one more time :grin2:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I've been trying alternate clips on my Clicky's, but the one I use with web gear I left with the original. It works great with molle web and anything shorter or slimmer does not work as well. I have to believe that Henry designed this clip primarily for web gear use.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm very glad others are developing alternatives, because I also EDC Ra lights. But my 140-T will always wear the stock clip.

The Sun

Enlightened
I've been trying alternate clips on my Clicky's, but the one I use with web gear I left with the original. It works great with molle web and anything shorter or slimmer does not work as well. I have to believe that Henry designed this clip primarily for web gear use.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm very glad others are developing alternatives, because I also EDC Ra lights. But my 140-T will always wear the stock clip.

+1 when i use a clip i use the stock clip. i may order one of the Ti clips for fun, but if i really "need" and clip i'll use the stock format.

sappyg

Enlightened
My EDC-E with a shortened deep carry clip - the clip does'nt cover the whole bezel - made by Chip. I call it the 'Short Low Rider'. :)

RA-EDCE-5.jpg

this is my favorite clip by chip. i may break down and try one. how does it feel to you and does it feel bulky on the light?

i like the eyes too :D, but i don't like the holes, so i filed them with black 4-40 headless hex screws (like set screws). they fit perectly flush, and all you see if the tiny hex holes. +1 for ACE Hardware one more time :grin2:

for sure i'm gonna bust a move on some set screws until i can settle on a clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.