• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ra Twisty Tail End Customization (Tubes, Clips, Screws, Trits, etc.) Service & Sale

The Sun

Enlightened
Re: Ra Twisty Drill & Tap service / CR123 and 18650 tubes for sale (Clips are in stoc

Hey Beans, this is a little off topic but do you think you could machine me up a full Ti Twisty...like the whole thing!!! :D :laughing: THAT, would be awesome!!!

On a more serious note, will your proprietary Ti clips fit my Clicky? :D

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ra Twisty Drill & Tap service / CR123 and 18650 tubes for sale (Clips are in stoc

Hey Beans, this is a little off topic but do you think you could machine me up a full Ti Twisty...like the whole thing!!! :D :laughing: THAT, would be awesome!!!

I have already started laying the plans to do so. I am also going to start experimenting soon with a new material, that is, as far as I know anyway, yet unused in the flashlight industry. EDIT: used rarely

This pretty much all hinges on whether or not I can convince Henry to sell me Twisty electronics and pieces parts, like reflectors and negative battery contacts.

Twisty is doable as the battery tube design is rather simple. Clicky would be a whole different story. With the equipment I have, I would not be able to create the slot in the battery tube wall for the signal tube wire. So, that means either I can't do it, or I would have to come up with an entirely different design.

On a more serious note, will your proprietary Ti clips fit my Clicky? :D

Perhaps. But, I would have do drill and tap at least one hole in your Clicky. I know the McGizmo will work in this capacity, but the shape of the Bean clip, may not allow for this.

Also use on the Clicky for either the McGizmo or Bean clip, would put the heavy end (the bezel) above the pocket line. This may not be the best setup for security.

I am working on an entirely different solution for the Clicky.

Last edited:

The Sun

Enlightened

right on man, PM sent :D

I have already started laying the plans to do so. I am also going to start experimenting soon with a new material, that is, as far as I know anyway, yet unused in the flashlight industry. EDIT: used rarely

This pretty much all hinges on whether or not I can convince Henry to sell me Twisty electronics and pieces parts, like reflectors and negative battery contacts.

Twisty is doable as the battery tube design is rather simple. Clicky would be a whole different story. With the equipment I have, I would not be able to create the slot in the battery tube wall for the signal tube wire. So, that means either I can't do it, or I would have to come up with an entirely different design.

Perhaps. But, I would have do drill and tap at least one hole in your Clicky. I know the McGizmo will work in this capacity, but the shape of the Bean clip, may not allow for this.

Also use on the Clicky for either the McGizmo or Bean clip, would put the heavy end (the bezel) above the pocket line. This may not be the best setup for security.

I am working on an entirely different solution for the Clicky.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ra Twisty Tail End Customization (Tubes, Clips, Screws, Trits, etc.) Service & Sa

Tritium Vial Slots now availible! See bottom of post #1 for details and photos.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ra Twisty Tail End Customization (Tubes, Clips, Screws, Trits, etc.) Service & Sa

Updated photos to show trits installed with optical adhesive.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice, can this be done to the CR123 tubes as well?

Unfortunately, no. Not unless I make my own or Henry changes the design.

Hawkeye5

Newly Enlightened

Received my tube back today. I have to say that the Bean mod for this light improves it's usefulness. I also compliment Bean for the excellent work. It looks as though this was the original design, and perhaps it should have been.
This is not just a mod for a mod sake, this is truly useful.
Now I need to consider the 18650 tube :eek:oo:
Thanks Bean! :thumbsup:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received my tube back today. I have to say that the Bean mod for this light improves it's usefulness. I also compliment Bean for the excellent work. It looks as though this was the original design, and perhaps it should have been.
This is not just a mod for a mod sake, this is truly useful.
Now I need to consider the 18650 tube :eek:oo:
Thanks Bean! :thumbsup:

The 18650 tube also makes the Twisty more useful as it allows for the Twisty to be operated with one hand.

gmcjimd

Newly Enlightened

Hey Bean
The twisty clip looks perfect!
When can we get one and whats the price?
Paypal at the ready:twothumbs

Thanks
Jim

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Bean
The twisty clip looks perfect!
When can we get one and whats the price?
Paypal at the ready:twothumbs

Thanks
Jim

They are a few weeks out yet, sit tight.

txmatt

Enlightened

After coming across this thread I was ready to mail off my Twisty body, and then I saw this one...

Update: Coming soon to a pocket on you...

The Ti Bean Clip (Prototype)
CR123Side.jpg

Added bonus, the side stand.
CR123SideStand.jpg

I guess I'll have to sit tight for a bit... looks really nice. Any idea yet on pricing? If it's much more than the current one, I might just go ahead and do it now with the current clips.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess I'll have to sit tight for a bit... looks really nice. Any idea yet on pricing? If it's much more than the current one, I might just go ahead and do it now with the current clips.

I'm shooting for a price that is less than the McGizmo clip. I would very much like to sell them for $15 each, that's the goal anyway, not sure at this time weather or not I'll be able to keep my costs low enough to offer them at that price.

gmcjimd

Newly Enlightened

I think a lot of people would be up for the Bean twisty clip!
Sounds like you need to get busy and git er done mister:D:nana:
Even if the price is a little higher I would still be in for one.:paypal:
gmcjimd

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

Bean, you are the true Ra after-market Leo da Vinci. I definitely want a couple of your clips, but I'll be PMing you about getting this service done right away. I currently have the 18650 body on my 100-TW, so I can send you the stock tube. I should send both, but I hate to be without my TR -- even for a little while. Absolutely fantastic job of filling a need of us Twisty lovers! Thank you.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've just seen this thread for the first time......the quality of these items is awesome!! I will be doing some business with you Bean, this is super for the Twisty lights!

txmatt

Enlightened

I'm shooting for a price that is less than the McGizmo clip. I would very much like to sell them for $15 each, that's the goal anyway, not sure at this time weather or not I'll be able to keep my costs low enough to offer them at that price.

I'll sit tight, then. If it's cheaper, I might get a clip for the CR123 tube and buy a pre-clipped 18650 tube from you as well. Just let me know when you're accepting Paypal for the new clip setups.

Thanks and nice work,
Matt

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did a test run of 3 Ti Bean clips today with my new jig. 2 came out very well, 1 will require minor fitting to fit properly, I will be selling it as a factory second.

2 in spec. clips $17.50 each
1 factory second $10