• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn - Hardest Hitter

ven

Flashaholic
Vinh touched on it in video but for my purposes I am not sure this light is worth the price premium over a T6 or K70.

A lot depends on what you want really, if you want a large light with good heat dissipation and maybe 5 or 6000+lm for long periods, this would make a good choice. The F version is a beast! 20k (but say at 50% power) it is still a beast ,but will run well due to mass.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Each light have their own advantages and price difference. Rc40vnt have 8200 lumen/506k $600. I personally get tk75vn spec 2 with extended carrier. 5500 lumen/400k. $460. So if I need longer runtime, I will use extended kit. It's depend how much money you want to spend and how much lumen or lux you need.

I think you cant go wrong with rc40vn, tk75vn, t6vn, or k70vn.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey ven just wondering if you like mode 16 drivervnx2. I have it on my t6vn. The switch is very easy to use and 5/33/100/ strobe/blink/beacon came in handy just in case you get lost or in emergency. Why do u think?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you're products will not last cuz you overpowered the flashlights and if it's good for keychain size flashlight to produce 700 lumens the original manufacturer would be happy to do it so I think your mod flashlights will not last more than a few uses

Your just not educated. Iv owned 100s of stock lights and 100s of vinh modded lights. Iv had to rma at least 30% of thoes stock lights for qc issues. I think iv only sent back 2 or 3 lights to vinh and he fixed them for free.

Make sure you know what your talking about before you degrade someones business !

ven

Flashaholic
Hey ven just wondering if you like mode 16 drivervnx2. I have it on my t6vn. The switch is very easy to use and 5/33/100/ strobe/blink/beacon came in handy just in case you get lost or in emergency. Why do u think?

I like the 3 mode options , the 5/33/100 type mode is good for me without the blinkies :)

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
I like the 3 mode options , the 5/33/100 type mode is good for me without the blinkies :)

For my Tubevn I like the three mode that starts at 1% but for something brighter like my triple led SL2C the six mode is better for me because one and five percent is a lot of light for up close tasks.

If that makes any sense.

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
For my Tubevn I like the three mode that starts at 1% but for something brighter like my triple led SL2C the six mode is better for me because one and five percent is a lot of light for up close tasks.

If that makes any sense.
I'm assuming you meant toolvn?

ven

Flashaholic
My lad has a TOOLvn and likes his disco modes :sigh: so it might actually be group 16 he has.

For me , I like a low, a medium type or 20-30% amount , then a high with memory.

For work uses ,then around 150-200lm of flood works well.

Depending on the light or drop in, then what it's actual use is for , depends on the mode group selected.

Example , for a night stand type , always start in low .....

Either way, the beauty and flexibility of drivervnx2 allows a specific light/drop in ,to be used for different applications .

:)

Samlittle

Enlightened
There's no doubt Vinh has gone beyond where the manufacturers have left off.

There are two differences between V54 lights & manufacturers' lights. One has to do with the product, and the other with the user.

Vinh rebuilds much of the guts of the flashlights. He mostly uses the manufacturer's light as a host. Drivers, wiring, circuitry and LED's get replaced and upgraded to handle the increased demand. Whereas manufacturers are competing for sales, which requires using the cheapest components that will get the job done.

The other difference is the customer. Manufacturers are selling to anyone & everyone with mostly no flashlight knowledge, including kids, who will leave lights unattended. Vinh is selling to a tiny, elite audience of flashoholics who understand how to treat cutting edge gear.

At least, that's the way I see it.

I'd say you are looking at this just right - V54 quality enlightenment. :D

shawnray

Newly Enlightened
hi!im very intested in puechasing one of these lights but i dont know how to go about doin it.haha

ven

Flashaholic
HUGE THANKS vinh:rock:, awesome light.............what a beast and love the tint! Very nice light and huge hot spot...........love the form factor as well, big is :cool:

Little bigger box

Neutral flavour

Next to Q70

Now no charger other than the car one, so using an Xtar power lead which fits perfect. Its a 12v 2a on the plug so presume fine considering its 6 cell and the car has 1.5a on it! Anyone with the original charger? What is the rate on the plug please?

When i get chance will get a few beam pics:)

SAMongoose

Enlightened
HUGE THANKS vinh:rock:, awesome light.............what a beast and love the tint! Very nice light and huge hot spot...........love the form factor as well, big is :cool:

Little bigger box

Neutral flavour

Next to Q70

Now no charger other than the car one, so using an Xtar power lead which fits perfect. Its a 12v 2a on the plug so presume fine considering its 6 cell and the car has 1.5a on it! Anyone with the original charger? What is the rate on the plug please?

Totally AWESOME!!!!! Envious I AM!!! Enjou it!!!!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many thanks ven, for the informative, detailed comparative pics! Very useful to those pondering a decision. :)

I quoted your post, minus the pics, lest your question be buried.

ven

Flashaholic
No probs, cant see me testing it tonight as have a cracking migraine!!! not the ideal light to test :laughing:

Got a charger for now with 5v option(the type with various adapters) so charging as i type at 2200mah(bit over the standard but with 6 cells of 3500mah..............it is still on the slow side)

Rich, if your after a HUGE solid light, very nice fenix build with a good balance of throw and flood, this is defo the one. Think as a killer throw , but all grown up :laughing: