Real World Hard Core 3 week light test with Fenix, Novatac, Surefire, UF - who won?

robo21

Enlightened
skyline, not only do you claim "flaws" in the 120P where they are easily fixed (e.g. the battery spring and the old flicker issue) but you also claim flaws where there are none (e.g. the low voltage output stepdown feature) I think your credibility as a flashlight critic has been effectively impugned, now hoisted by your own petard.

Optik49

Enlightened
I love my Novatac. I my opinion it's one of the best light out there. Also this is there first released light, not a bad first attempt. I can't wait to see what's next. :devil: Right know if I had to give up every light but one I would keep my Novatac. Just my two cents.

:cool:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies Matrixshaman. Perhaps i came across as a bit rude. Yes, you can write however you want but it does make it a lot easier for fellow members to read your long story if you divided it into paragraphs. Yeah, i used the wrong icon. Should've been this one.:drool:
I dunno, maybe im just too criticle - thats why i pick out the flaws in the 120P, and to pay a premium price for a light with flaws that shouldn't be there in the first place?- rediculous!

Apology accepted - everyone can have their opinion here and I understand if you've had a bad experience with an expensive flashlight it can be very frustrating so it's easy to vent on the Internet. It's just good to remember there is a real person on the other end of that screen. I'm not partial to any flashlight maker and will gladly expound the greatness of anything that I see as being a quality light that does everything well I ask of it. I've owned HDS since they first came out and Novatac and while they were always close by I didn't usually keep one in my primary EDC pocket. After this last 3 weeks the Novatac (or HDS if I'm feeling a bit less floody) has become the primary EDC in my key pocket in my Levi's. Now I only wonder why it wasn't there all along.
Hopefully at some time in the future you'll try another Henry creation and find it as useful and high quality as many here do. And from the stories I've read here as well as my own personal experience both Henry of HDS and Jim of Novatac are great to deal with and will go out of their way to help resolve any problems.

Empath

Flashaholic
Skyline_Man, be advised that your activity has generated an interest in your overall posting styles. It appears that you've taken up an agenda that is disruptive to the board and destructive to threads.

Please re-evalute your style and activity. Necessary follow-up on our part could dictate limiting your activity.

twosouls2gether

Newly Enlightened
Actually that was 3 weeks and to answere twosouls2gether - we moved about 1000 miles in an 18-wheeler I bought and then I drove it with a 53' trailer (about 75' overall with truck -about the longest you'll normally see on the road) and my 38' Motorhome to some bare land where there was no power or services setup. We are building a new home here deep in the forest and hills outside the Matrix :cool:

:thumbsup: I take it you are retired then, or in some phase of life that you have that kind of luxury. Congrats, I always wanted to be some kind of a hermit. You read stories about people that just up and move and live off the land or don't work and just LIVE... maybe someday I can do that. :broke: I would love to live somewhere out west, but without the dry arid-like conditions, loved it in yellowstone this last summer. Plus now you have a good excuse to play! ;)

Yapo

Enlightened
Ive always wanted to get 1 of those ultrafires you got as well but i never really got round to it...side or tail clicky i dunno but i think i might havta get 1 now!

Brigadier

Enlightened
Great story and write up. As soon as my Stimulus Check is deposited, I am getting myself a Novatac!!

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
I didn't detail the abuses, the drops, the icy cold or rain and dirt I got into but trust me it was put through rough times. I don't think you'll find too many people that are going to agree with your opinion here and considering some of the extreme tests Novatac has been through - are you familiar with the concrete wall test? Sorry you don't like my writing style - I gave up formal writing on the Internet despite getting straight A's in college English. I like to keep it very informal on forums and I admit I do tend to run on. It was used on a lower level some, a mid level a lot and on the highest setting many times but usually for less than a minute at at time.

My first post as a new member of CPF.

Good review, from an interested Fenix owner, as I am considering an additional new light. I am looking for the best overall pocket/EDC light and want the brightest I can get in a pocketable, high quality piece.
Good responses to the criticism, but I am pretty partial to my L1D/P2D combo with the Q5 "premium" head. I too find it pretty hard to justify the Novatac over a Fenix combo like I have given the price difference and the sleeker lines of the Fenix light (a + for some) compared to the Novatac.

Very nice light, but what would be your choice be price dependent in this category?

Thanks for the review!:thumbsup: