Really Surefire?!

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
https://imgur.com/a/NXVDHLK
I bought this Titan+ NEW DIRECTLY from Surefire along with an E2D Defender Ultra (that was flawless luckily) This titan plus however came out of the package with scratches, I would normally have let it slide until a few days later I noticed that the lens is cracked in the front. I contact Surefire and they told me to send it in. I sent a note requesting a brand new light because I paid full retail FROM THEM and I expect a new light for that much. I get it back today and same scratched up barrel. Maybe I'll just go Malkoff from here out, or at least buy from a gun store or something (like I should have, retailers are here for a reason people.) where they'll take care of me

nbp

Flashaholic
I hear ya bro. It should be near perfect. I've had a couple of those and since they are brass they do tend to accumulate little nicks and scuffs quite easily. I like the patina. However that cracked lens is totally unacceptable. Since they come in a plastic clamshell there's no excuse for that. I like pre-owned Titan Pluses because I like to grind off the lug and make them tailstand models and resell them but that's not what you ordered!

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Oh I don't mind nicks and dings
https://imgur.com/a/c2a16IU
Just as long as I'm the one who put them there!
As I mentioned if it were just scratched I would've just lived with it. But the scratches and the cracked glass lens just gave me the feeling it was a refurb or something.

nbp

Flashaholic
Right right. I just meant that because the brass is soft just general machining processes can leave marks in it some times. It is not very forgiving. If the marks are beneath the nickel plating they probably came from machining. It's hard to tell in the pic. But that lens, yuck yuck.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
BattleBrat,
Just in case you have not heard this before: call, don't e-mail. Even if you have to leave a recorded message, there is a very good chance that you will hear back from them sooner than emailing, although that situation might have changed.

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Nah, I'm just being a whiner and I know it. I'll live and just use the damn thing like a big boy. I just expected better, you know?

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Oh the LED was off, they replaced the front part of the light but not the whole light as I requested. The new LED is centered.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, I'm just being a whiner and I know it. I'll live and just use the damn thing like a big boy. I just expected better, you know?

Nah, you're well within the right here. That's unacceptable IMHO. The LED being off-center is pretty common with the Titan Plus; it's a cosmetic flaw. But a cracked lense? Serious functional flaw there.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually visited Surefire in Fountain Valley, CA., and I can tell you that Surefire does not care about their customers. They are too busy dealing with companies that buy in bulk.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very curious which companies/agencies/etc. buy in bulk from them, and which models those tended to be for, these days. I have heard that they don't have the DoD contracts they used to have, but I don't really know for sure.

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I ordered a KT2 Turbohead from Surefire back in the day. Opened the sealed box to be greeted with something that looked like it rolled down an asphalt hill, anodozing was in real bad shape. Still scratching my head as to how the hell something that looked like that ended up being in a sealed box sold as new.

I sent it back and then sent me a new one that was perfect.

I don't like the direction Surefire is going, that's for sure.