Rechargeable Batteries

SuperDave123

Newly Enlightened
Hey all New here again! Was a member long long time ago like 2006 maybe. Haha Hope this is the right spot to post? I've got a surefire 6pled and a streamlight poly tac X both use cr123 primary cells. I am looking for rechargeable cells that will work for both lights, And a good charger for them. I am at loss as to what is good anymore and all search results come up 4 years ago or longer!! AW cells used to be the best seems they are no longer I was using some of their 18650s up until 2018 I think great quality profuct im hoping to find todays equivilant of.

SuperDave123

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0057.jpeg
IMG_0058.jpeg

SuperDave123

Newly Enlightened
Surefire has rechargebles for your 6P. Dunno 'bout the Screamlite, I'm not a fan.
Stream light has usb rechargeable cell for the light as well I'm not sure if it would work in the Surefire!! Also very pricey. My favourite light was a g2 with led head aw 18650 cell and Lyman's factory hi output bulb!! I hope to get enough posts on her to participate in the buy sell section and build a new one eventually!! 😊

Buff

Enlightened
I was under the impression that a 18350 is interchangeable with a 123? I know my Manker that uses a 18350 can also use a 123. Size looks the same not sure if it's compatible with your light though?

hamhanded

Enlightened
18350 is much wider than a CR123. Won't fit in an unmodified 6P. I think you're thinking of 16350.

Unless you absolutely must squeeze every last minute of possible runtime out of your lights, I'd pick up a SFLFP123-KIT. Not for the cells, which are overpriced, but for that no-nonsense mini charger that you can't get anywhere else— no, not even from aliexpress. Then, you can load up on a bunch of powerizer LFP 16350 cells from batteryspace for dirt cheap, and you have a convenient and portable way to charge them.

Half the life of primaries. 3/4 the life of RCR123A.

Last edited:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Lumens Factory drop in and a 16650 Orbtronic battery. Pila charger will work and that should get you going with a decent amount of lumens. A better switch may help too.

Buff

Enlightened
image.jpg

This one? I'll check the stats i may have my lights mixed up. My Manker's tube extends to accept a 18650. Thought it mentioned a 123 as another option. They seem similar in size but maybe the 123 fits a little loose in my light?