Recommend a Holster – CPFItalia Cometa – Jax Z1

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered my first flashlight that takes a 26650 battery. It is the CPFi Cometa, a hot-rod zoomie designed by members of the CPFItalia flashlight forum.

CPF_Cometa_482x600.jpg

It's a pretty cool flashlight, based on the Jax Z1 host. Here is a link to the CPF thread for the Cometa.

Now, I am looking for a holster for this flashlight. I got the dimensions for the Z1 from a couple of web sites in China:

Length: 25cm
Diameter (head): 53mm
Diameter (body): 32.5mm

I would like a holster that can hold the entire flashlight. I don't mind if the sides are partly open, but I do not want one where only the head is protected. This is not for belt carry so much as it is for protection when I stow the flashlight.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
based on the [B said:
Jax Z1[/B] host.

Just to be clear, "based on" means they received an approximate copy of the Z1, not an actual Z1 host.

People who have both the Z1 and the Cometa have tried unsuccessfully to "lego" parts between them, the threads differ slightly, the pill and driver size differ greatly, and there are issues.

No one has mentioned the outside dimensions being different, so your holster should be OK.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip. I still have not found a holster.

BTW, your posts at BLF, in the now-defunct Cometa threads, have been very helpful to me.