Recommend light for.--->> .A Loading Dock...something really bright...

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
I work at an old warehouse and half the lights dont work, we load 53 foot dry van trailers and we use a 100watt flood light in one of the common yellow swing arm style dock light to light inside the trailer while we load.
I am trying to find a way to light up the whole trailer with massive amount of light,like its daylight, so while were loading it,we can see really really really good, but the light will be on for 6-10 hours twice a week,so it has to be able to withstand the heat,
I was thinking a few overdriven leds and some huge reflectors but i wanted to ask first and see if anybody else might have thought of something for a superpowered dock light,lemme know what u might know, thank u........:confused:

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For that level of bright, along with dealing with the assorted conditions ie temp, moisture and rough handling it will be pricey. And would need a bunch of batteries for swaps as no light I'm aware of has that level of bright/runtime. Prob also want a diffuser with some as well. Fenix TK70, Elektrolumens Firesword V etc. Pretty much all the big 2000+ lumen lights will do it.

Personally I'd go with a nice headlamp as securing a large light like that wouldn't be easy. And would allow hands free loading.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also always the Maxabeams, Polarians and Foxfury Sunbolts. But talking big big dollars.

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
.....how about those 110 volt ,screw in Multi LED bulbs? Has anybody tried any of these?

They dont seem to have reflectors so im not sure if it will fill all 53 feet of the trailer, but i am really diging the fact that they are powered by 110volts,

Anybody try these?

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using main power I'd probably go with a standard tripod/tower light with a high power halogen bulb. The rectangular ones.

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
So i found this super crazy led light engine ,with heat sink and some cool copper piping, its rated at around 9000 lumens, its 36 volts,
It needs few things to make it adapt into a dock light, i dunno h0w to post pics but here is the link for the Bigbee100...
http://www.lck-led.com/p702/BIGBEE-...an,-Heatsink,-36v,-8-9000LM/product_info.html

Will i be able to find a way to power it from a 110 volt source ... ?
Where would i find a reflector that big...?
Are these flat leds just as good as the domed ones......?
Does anyone know if it is reliable...????

Thank you for your help.....

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about an HID accessory car light powered from a battery charger. Oreily auto for one has some inexpensive 35 watt models. Should be around 90 bucks for 3200 lumens. Insert as many pieces as need dictates vs budget allows.