Recommend me a 1 x CR123A light for Nichia 219 conversion from Vinh

NightKids

Enlightened
Hi all ! I'm looking for a 1xCR123A light to use with a Nichia 219 bulb. The main thing is that it has to be able to use rechargable CR123A (which the Fenix cannot as it loses it modes) It needs to be able to tailstand and have a belt clip. Budget under $100.

Currently pondering between Jetbeam RT-0 and the Sunwayman V11R but Vinh said that he may have some trouble with the Sunwayman flashlights, because they are glued pretty hard so I will try to avoid the Sunwayman one for his convenience.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

Less than $100

3) Format:

I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

Every day carry small (2-4 inches).
Every day carry medium (4-7 inches)

5) Emitter/Light source:

LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:

I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

I intend to use rechargeable lithium (li-ion) chemistry. Feel free to specify a size if you know which size you want (RCR123/16340)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (100-300 lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

30-60 minutes (I have plenty of batteries just ready to be changed)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

I want a forward clicky (Helpful for momentary activation and signaling).
I want a reverse clicky (For use with multi-mode/level lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

I want 2 light levels. (Brighter/short runtime and Dimmer/long runtime.)

14)Material/Finish/Coating

Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

Pocket/belt clip
Tail stand ability

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm not sure how hard they are to open, but 4seven's lights might work. HDS could also be an option towards the top of your price range.

NightKids

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. HDS is definitely too expensive at this current stage and plus there is a really long wait for them I heard. Back order is really long.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark Pro/Tactical with low voltage head.

Quark Pro/Tactical are one of the few lights that will retain all of its modes and run fully regulated on 3.7V rechargeables.

BarryG

Enlightened
How about a 1x123 Solarforce host? Upgrade the switch to a McClickie if you want and use a drop-in by Vinh! Easy to upgrade in the future. lighthound has them for $12.99

Barry

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for the SWM V-series, the heads aren't glued that well and are a great light for the money. My hardest light to open so far is either an L1 or PD32.

NightKids

Enlightened
Thank you all for your suggestions! I won't be able to use the Solarforce host as the head is really big and I don't think I could EDC it.

Guess the SWM V-Series is the best option, thanks think2x!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opened my SWM v10-r ti with my bare hands. I only needed to wrap it in rubber tubing for a better grip. It's a popular mod to put lots of trits in the finned area, so they generally cant be that hard to open.

Hate the solarforce L2m.. waste of space. It's almost as big as my malkoff md-2, and the md-2 is a 18650 light. IMO, single cr123lights should be compact and petite :)