Recommend me first Zebralight Headlamp

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to get a ZebraLight headlamp for general purpose use: indoor close-up work, use in my crawlspace, garage, & attic, outside walks & hikes, etc. So far it seems the H600Fd Mk III looks to be the best fit, but I'm just looking for some feedback from the experts here. I currently have a ZebraLight SC62w and like the tint, but I think the high CRI for the H600Fd would be an added benefit will minimal loss in lumens (and I probably wouldn't use H1 too much anyway).

Thanks,

Mark

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Seems like it would be hard to go wrong with the one you mentioned. Thinking about picking one up myself, then I read about this new one ZL is coming out with.....it's good to have choices.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it gets misty, foggy, or rains often where you are, some have reported that the H600Fc model, with its 4000k temp, works better outside in those conditions.
For dedicated closeup applications, you may want to look into the H602w, and the upcoming high cri H603, as well.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the H600Fd or h600Fc if you prefer neutral tints and med - hi CRI. Both are the same CRI(83-85) but, the "d" is 5000K vs the "c" which is 4000K. Some like warmer tints better for the outdoors and/or because they have a more comforting "warm" feel to them. But, the 5000K "d" is still warmish compared to cw and has measured closer to 4700K on H1. I have the "d" and like it very much. It has a ever so slightly yellowish pure white tint with maybe a hint of magenta and is very uniform from floody spot to spill. I have been considering getting the "c" as well however for a backup and because a warmer temp could be nice for some situations as well. Temp is really a personal preference thing but, I think you couldnt go wrong with either and both are far better then lower CRI and/or cool white options imo.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should add, to keep in mind that the "d" model will be slightly cooler then your SC62w where as the "c" will be slightly warmer. Its up to you to decide whether cooler or warmer will work better for your uses/preferences. The "d" model is also slightly brighter then the "c" however not enough to make much of a difference.

Last edited:

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm thinking the "c" might be too warm - and I like that the "d" is slightly brighter.

uofaengr

Enlightened
I just received my H600Fd III on Friday, and it was worth every penny. The tint and CRI is very much worth the small loss in output. I've been finding excuses to use it and wear it over the weekend as it's just so damn useful and comfortable. If you really want to appreciate it, wear it outside and walk around. It gives you a much better idea of what it can do than indoors. Plenty of range for me and so glad I chose it over the H602. I can't wait for a super high CRI version; I'll be all over it.

Might have to get the H600Fc III too just for S&G...

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
Tachead, your post in another thread, quoting an email from ZL sealed the deal for me. My only remaining doubt was the possibility of a new Hi CRI headlamp in the near future, but ZL's response made it seem unlikely. I just ordered a H600Fd III.

Thanks for your help!

Here is their reply cut and pasted from the email.

"No plans for XHP35 or XHP50 based Hi CRI headlamps. The XHP50 is too much for a headlamp, while the Hi CRI version of the XHP35 is no better than the LEDs in the H600Fc/d III. There is a 90+CRI version XHP35, but comes with 3500K only if we want to keep the tint very consistent and close to the black body radiation line (i.e. be neutral without a hint of green or pink, ...)"

So we might see a XHP35 headlamp but, it wont be a HI CRI variation. Like I said, no real need as the H600FD MKIII is great and I honestly dont think a few more CRI would make much of a difference. It would have to be a lot and even then probably wouldnt be huge. My Nichia 219b 4500K powered light is 92 CRI and there isnt a large difference between the 84 of the H600Fd MKIII(its noticeable but, not a huge improvement). I actually prefer the Easywhite as it is more white and not so rosey/magenta.

jalexist

Newly Enlightened
Ive got H602w and love it! Really impressive beam angle and uniformity.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tachead, your post in another thread, quoting an email from ZL sealed the deal for me. My only remaining doubt was the possibility of a new Hi CRI headlamp in the near future, but ZL's response made it seem unlikely. I just ordered a H600Fd III.

Thanks for your help!

No problem at all sir:thumbsup:

I hope you like your new headlamp, I sure love mine. Let us know what you think when you get it.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should add, to keep in mind that the "d" model will be slightly cooler then your SC62w where as the "c" will be slightly warmer. Its up to you to decide whether cooler or warmer will work better for your uses/preferences. The "d" model is also slightly brighter then the "c" however not enough to make much of a difference.

The C is warmer than the W? I like the tint on my SC52W and am considering getting a floody or flood 6 series headlamp to get the longer run times and brighter outputs than the 5 series lamps have. I don't think I want to go warmer than my SC52W, so I guess I would go for either the W or the D. I had a H52FW a year or so ago that I carried clipped to my belt, but lost it and never replaced it.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C is warmer than the W? I like the tint on my SC52W and am considering getting a floody or flood 6 series headlamp to get the longer run times and brighter outputs than the 5 series lamps have. I don't think I want to go warmer than my SC52W, so I guess I would go for either the W or the D. I had a H52FW a year or so ago that I carried clipped to my belt, but lost it and never replaced it.

Don't forget that the C and D have higher CRI than the W :)
I recently find the look of the tint of my H52Fw a bit "off", in limbo between 4000k and 5000k (as it should be per specs). Maybe it's its every so slight hint of green? I'm thinking that I may like as close as possible to either 4000k or 5000k, but not so much in between, say 4300, 4400, 4500, or 4700K.

Latest posts