Recommendations for NiMH/Li-ion charger gift

straightShot

Newly Enlightened
I am going to surprise my daughter and son-in-law a charger and some Eneloops. I have an OPUS BT-C2000 (NiMD) an XTAR VP2 (Li-ion), and a Nitecore Digitizer D2 (both).

It's been a while since I bought a charger. What recommendation could you make for a charger that charges both NiMH and Li-ion batteries? I like the speed of the OPUS for bumping up charging current on NiMD batteries, and I like being able to charge Li-ion batteries and NiMD on the Nitecore. I would think that other models have come out since I bought mine. I want to buy some AA and AAA batteries along with a charger and hand it to them some time next month.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to surprise my daughter and son-in-law a charger and some Eneloops. I have an OPUS BT-C2000 (NiMD) and an XTAR VP2 myself, so I'm familiar with both. The XTAR charges NiMH as well as Li-ion batteries.

It's been a while since I bought a charger. What recommendation could you make for a charger that charges both NiMH and Li-ion batteries? I like the speed of the OPUS for bumping up charging current on NiMD batteries, and I like being able to charge Li-ion batteries and NiMD on my XTAR. I would think that other models have come out since I bought mine. I want to buy some AA and AAA batteries along with a charger and hand it to them some time next month.

Thanks!

Get them an Opus BT-3400 v. 3.1, which does both. Your Xtar is probably the VC2, which does do both chemistries, as the VP2 only does li-ions.

Liitokala Lii Engineer 500 is another nice choice, which does some analyzing, but there's a large track record behind the Opus BT-3400/3100 chargers.

Chris

straightShot

Newly Enlightened
Get them an Opus BT-3400 v. 3.1, which does both. Your Xtar is probably the VC2, which does do both chemistries, as the VP2 only does li-ions.

Liitokala Lii Engineer 500 is another nice choice, which does some analyzing, but there's a large track record behind the Opus BT-3400/3100 chargers.

Chris

Chris,

I edited my post. I have the VP2, but it is a Nitecore that allows me to charge both. I got them mixed up.

Thanks!

Latest posts