Red lens headlamp

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surprised nobody has chimed in yet. Usually CPF members are more than happy to give their, sometimes excessive, recommendations..

Let's start with what type of night activities are you planning to use a (why?) red emitter, indoors or outdoors?

And, what's your budget, frugal or unlimited?

Do you already have a short list?

Have you checked out Sofirn dot com. They sell flashlights with all the bells and whistles that more expensive companies offer at half the prices.
Shipping is fast from home base in mainland China, or if you so desire to purchase from Amazon they have a US warehouse location, but not always stock all models..
Checkout their website see if they offer a headlamp that suits your needs

Hope that helps a little.. and please feel free to ask more questions

Last edited:

annamariaslim

Newly Enlightened
The headlamp would be used on the beach at night for metal detection. It would be nice to be able to control the intensity of red light(and white light). $100 and under price wise. Would prefer to buy American made if possibe, but not a deal breaker. Sorry I was not more clear on what I'm looking for. Thanks!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a Black Diamond BD450 Storm (water proof) with two rechargeable battery packs (sold separately) Also runs on 3x AAA as backups..
(2 buttons) 1st white beam, combo flood and spot has two separate white beam emitters.. Ramping UI, hold long press to desired brightness. 2nd button toggle click for red, blue green, and those have two brightness levels.
Takes a little while get use to UI but once you do it's easy. Double clicking takes it to SOS..
What really like is "Turbo Tap" not either button but tap the side of case which puts it into high beam fast. Great in emergency, like something climbs out of water behind you, 500lm cuts through beach fog.
Headlamp is light weight and headband extremely comfortable (that's important)
You can check them out online, or shop stores like REI.
Sofirn D25lr is another great option. I don't own their headlamps, but company has good reputation for fast customer service if issues..

overload001

Newly Enlightened
Some of my favorite red headlamps:

Acebeam H30
Black diamond storm 500-r
Skilhunt H03C rc
Sofirn d25lr
Lupine Penta
Magicshine MOH15
Wurkkos hd15R
Armytek Wizard WR

Do you prefer flood or throw red light?

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you called BD (in Utah?) did you talk with an English translator?

My last pair of slip-on shoes are made in Vietnam. Some of them (the commie's) were called our enemies at one time too..

Where are your tennis shoes made?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you called BD (in Utah?) did you talk with an English translator?

My last pair of slip-on shoes are made in Vietnam. Some of them (the commie's) were called our enemies at one time too..

Where are your tennis shoes made?
No, he spoke English like a US citizen.

Got news for you, the "commies" still are our enemy.

My New Balances are made in the USA. :p

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4853.JPG