Removing epoxy from the lens of a SE Luxeon?

zmoz

Enlightened
I have an EverLED that has a drop of the expoxy used on the base stuck to the top of the SE Luxeon on top. Anybody know how I can get it off? I would just pick it off but I'm afraid I'm going to break off the top of the luxeon or take a small chunk out of it. The way it is now there is a dark spot no mater what flashlight it is in from the epoxy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you could try flicking it off with a sharp knife, but the flanges of the se are very thin, and looking at them is sometimes enough to bend them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i still wonder why everled doesn't make a hd version!

zmoz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
you could try flicking it off with a sharp knife, but the flanges of the se are very thin, and looking at them is sometimes enough to bend them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i still wonder why everled doesn't make a hd version!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did a group buy on a big bunch of everleds a few months ago, there was at least one with the top broke off by the time it arrived. As for the HD version, I don't tink the EverLed people care much about us few flashlight freaks...judging by the conversations I had with who I think is the owner...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well the hd would provide a better beam pattern, work better with smaller reflectors, and be more durable....
now please tell me why they would continue to use a se /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
ledcorp was selling a similar unit with a hd at the findlay hamfest last weekend.they also said they only use p> and 3-4
leds.