Reputable Australian Dealers?

AmperSand

Enlightened
I bought my Jetbeams from Bugoutgear in the US and they charged bugger all for shipping to Australia as well as having a very significant CPF discount.

My problem with Australian online sellers is that many of them charge MUCH more for the mainstream LED brands than their US counterparts (sometimes double the price) as well as having stock that is not up to date or the very latest revisions of models whereas US sellers usually have much greater turnover so stocks are more likely to be the latest revisions.

I find this too. I have found a few ok sites from US that I order from, only thing I hate is the wait. I do the same for knives now too. Only gamble with them is sometimes you get a customs officer that isn't sure and can hold it because they know no better.
Although I just had a Boker Subcom Titan come through, and hopefully should have a Spyderco Persistence come through this week, thanks EDCDepot, less than half the price they could have been had in Australia at that(If at all).

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi SureAddicted.

I've purchased all my Surefires from www.ledtorchshop.com.au, apart from the good service, mainly because:

www.jpt-australia.com.au don't list their prices, www.legear.com.au is a little too pricey, and I have not been able to find one USA dealer that will ship Surefire torches to Australia. All of them put up a message such as 'This item cannot be shipped outside of the USA'. Not sure why this is.

Where do you buy your Surefires in the US that ships to Australia, and even more curious, which shops sell Surefires? I would love to get to try them out before purchasing (maybe not, so much Surefires in one place, a credit card in the pocket, ....)

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened
I'd suggest Jason at Joint Pacific Trading.

But because I'm an American married to an Aussie, I can order from US dealers when I'm in Texas :p

AmperSand

Enlightened
Hi SureAddicted.

I've purchased all my Surefires from www.ledtorchshop.com.au, apart from the good service, mainly because:

www.jpt-australia.com.au don't list their prices, www.legear.com.au is a little too pricey, and I have not been able to find one USA dealer that will ship Surefire torches to Australia. All of them put up a message such as 'This item cannot be shipped outside of the USA'. Not sure why this is.

Where do you buy your Surefires in the US that ships to Australia, and even more curious, which shops sell Surefires? I would love to get to try them out before purchasing (maybe not, so much Surefires in one place, a credit card in the pocket, ....)

When is the last time you checked www.jpt-australia.com? They have prices listed for almost everything at the moment, bar their ITP gear.
I know they haven't in the past, but they have updated quite a bit lately and seem to be ok. They list prices for all their Surefire gear at the moment.

Citivolus

Enlightened
When I stopped selling last year, Torchworld was considering picking up JetBeam. I'm somewhat surprised that he didn't, but I'm sure that he had his reasons. He is the only Aussie shop I would consider purchasing from given the mark-up the other guys have, and he was always good to deal with even when we were "competition".

A lot of the Australian vendors are adding a 100% mark-up on JetBeam, and considerably more for other brands. I don't know how they ever get any sales.

pugga

Newly Enlightened
I have used a few now and definitely recommend http://www.ledtorches.com.au/. Great service and great guy to get to know. If it wasn't for my first chat with Marco I don't know if I would have spent my first $100 on a torch (mmm maybe I shouldn't have spoken to him if I wanted to save my money damit lol). He will look after you now and if you have any dramas in the future. I met him (and put trits in a few of his personal lights) when he came to Adelaide on business and he even bought with him a few lights for me to try,
DSC09578.jpg

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you live in or around the Gold Coast, Qld LE Gear at Burleigh has a retail shop that stocks Surefire, Fenix etc so you can try before you buy!!

James....

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overseas shipping prices are really annoying me, especially when they climb to $50.

Are there any reputable Australian dealers selling Jetbeam that anyone knows? I can not find much information on this. :shakehead

Sorry to be a bother. :)

Some people have some funny ideas on shipping prices i totally agree with you.I sold an air operated mini sander last week,it weighed in about 1.3 KG and small packet airmail to Aus from here in the UK was £17,buyer was happy to pay that and I thought it was going to be more as well so why they charge £x for a much lighter light is beyond me.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
Some people have some funny ideas on shipping prices i totally agree with you.I sold an air operated mini sander last week,it weighed in about 1.3 KG and small packet airmail to Aus from here in the UK was £17,buyer was happy to pay that and I thought it was going to be more as well so why they charge £x for a much lighter light is beyond me.
I think part of the problem is that a few US dealers insist on using some sort of tracked priority postage when sending internationally and it comes to US$40 or more which equates to about fifty Aussie. I've had a couple of dealers asking those sort of prices knock the postage price down to a reasonable level when I've contacted them specifically about it.

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened
Not sure but the US Postal Services flat rate Global Priority box which allows up to 4 lbs / 2 kg goes for about $54 these days.

It was about $30 to $35 for the same box a couple of years ago.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Hi SureAddicted.

Hi bedazzLED
Actually JPT do list their prices, It's where I bought most of my SF's from.
There are some other tactical shops around Sydney that sell SF, the prices do vary. A big reason I buy my lights from a shop is that I can test it, play aorund with it before I buy it. I wouldn't ask the shop owner to break open a SF that's sealed up though. There is a reason why I get it for the prices I do, and that's the main reason why I buy lights from a shop.

Zook2001

Newly Enlightened

No complaints here, I've made a few purchases from Ebay UK and have been very happy with the price and transit times, shipping from the US is a bit expensive and the trackings only to the post office and not to your door in many cases

surlyjim

Newly Enlightened
Just been through the same exercise myself - it sure is a great way to waste time on the web!
Have a close look at the cost and type of accessories available as well. I went with bug out gear (thanks for the discount) because I could get much cheaper batteries and a bezel that simply is not obtainable in Oz.
Anyway there should by a jetbeam rrt1 on its way to perhh soon.
Good luck with your decision.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi all.

I've found another great Australian distributor of torches that has HDS and Malkoff stock; www.cooltorches.com.

I have purchased a number of torches and dropins from the site. The service is prompt and delivery prices are very reasonable.

I've had a few questions about the HDS UI and James has answered my questions within a very short time. Very willing to help and a pleasure to deal with.

Great service and great products.