[Review] Acebeam UC15 - 1000 lumen 2xAAA/10440 keychain light, red and UV secondaries

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
Acebeam's UC15 is a very interesting keychain light. While most lights with this form factor run off of built in cells, this one uses two user replaceable AAA or 10440 cells instead. Secondary UV and red LEDs are also included.
The UC15 I tested out is blue, but it's also available with clear, red, or black anodization. The light is also available with a high CRI Nichia LED in place of the Cree used on my sample.

This is one of the only rectangular keychain lights that runs on standard replaceable cells, and also one of the only ones that gets anywhere close to 1000 lumens. Throw in the UV and red auxiliary modes, and it's quite a compelling package. The UI and clip both leave a bit to be desired, but the features mean that almost no other light on the market can compare.

Click to read the full review on my site.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review.

At least the clip is in the right direction for clip use, though it's likely on the verge of being too heavy for clip use.

Double clicking to change brightness is a bit odd. I'd think that would be better for switching between LEDs.

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review.

At least the clip is in the right direction for clip use, though it's likely on the verge of being too heavy for clip use.

Double clicking to change brightness is a bit odd. I'd think that would be better for switching between LEDs.
Seconded those thoughts. The clip is very sturdy, I think this would be fantastic as a hat light.