REVIEW EagTac T25L-R (XHP35 HI, 1x18650, 2xCR123, Type C rechargeable)

cyberescudo

Newly Enlightened
The photos were submitted to photobucket by the reviewer, not eagletac.

The images are now all restored.

I could not image that a "free hosting service" would be changed arbitrarily and without notice in a paid service.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how I missed this first time around! Thanks for the review...

My general sense is that Eagtac's quality is higher than Klarus's also (referring to the question above)... on top of which, Klarus, like many manufacturers, has no idea how tactical lights are used (witness they're newest version of the XT interface de-tacticalizing (yes, that's a word) what used to be an amazing interface, in their utter cluelessness), whereas I agree with cyberescudo that this is a pretty solid interface. I have heard stories about Eagtac's pin-based interface being interfered with more easily than other interfaces by things like dirt, something to watch out for.

What do you think of the feel of the switch, particularly momentary? I have some P and D series Eagtacs where the switch is such short through that, under pressure, momentary is not very usable ... just a little extra pressure clicks the light to constant on. Hoping the T series has a longer-throw switch where momentary is usable

lebox97

Enlightened
most of the D series have a reverse clicky, but the ET P/T/S/M series have a pretty long throw clicky switch.
Have not heard of momentary concerns with the non-D series switches before, perhaps it's time to replace switch and boot? (the internal switch spring and rubber boot has probably softened a bit over time making for easier activation?)

... I have some P and D series Eagtacs where the switch is such short through that, under pressure, momentary is not very usable ... just a little extra pressure clicks the light to constant on. Hoping the T series has a longer-throw switch where momentary is usable

the T25L-R/S25L-R operating voltage is up to 8.4v, so I suppose you "could" use 2x18350's, but am not sure why you would want to.
1) you must not attempt to charge a pair of batteries in series (which defeats the purpose of having a rechargeable light)
2) the slightly longer regulated output runtime due to the higher voltage, will quickly be overshadowed by the significantly shorter overall runtime of a set of 700-800mAh batteries vs 3500mAh 18650?

Cheers

Really great review very through.
What about 2 18350 batteries,will they work?
Thank You

scintillator

Enlightened
I have a couple of the highly rated 18350 aspire batteries that I have been dying to gang up in a light.:)

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I have a couple of the highly rated 18350 aspire batteries that I have been dying to gang up in a light.:)

I run two 18350's in my T21vn and it works great. If this light was reviewed with one 18650 you should get a little better output with two 18350's. You'll get less runtime but who cares, that what extra cells are for.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of the D series have a reverse clicky, but the ET P/T/S/M series have a pretty long throw clicky switch.
Have not heard of momentary concerns with the non-D series switches before, perhaps it's time to replace switch and boot? (the internal switch spring and rubber boot has probably softened a bit over time making for easier activation?)

For regular EDC use, I can't imagine anyone complaining; unworkable for defensive use, IMO, though. I think the lights I have are the DX30LC2 and the P200, and their switches are identical (and in fact, interchangeable between the lights) ... a short-throw forward clickie that works fine for "regular" use but even a little stress and you start to see it's pretty short. Both were this way from the time they were brand new, I imagine it's identical switches in each, which makes sense, since they're interchangeable between the lights