Review: Manker E11: EDC-light, XP-L, 800 lumens, AA/14500; (beam)shots, compare

Newly Enlightened
Would there be any advantage to using high drain cells like an efest rather than a comparably lower drain battery like a sanyo ur14500? Thanks

DisisMrC

Newly Enlightened
How's that AW 14500 holding up on this light? I just picked one up and looking for a 14500 battery that'll fit. Any suggestions?

kj75

Enlightened
How's that AW 14500 holding up on this light? I just picked one up and looking for a 14500 battery that'll fit. Any suggestions?

Keep in mind the cell is unprotected, otherwise it's too long because of the protection circuit.
No issues with the AW14500, works fine.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Overall I like this light. One major complain is that it gets accidentally switched on too easily inside pants pocket. It got so frequent that I have to turn the tail cap to lock it out. But then it becomes 'inconvenient' to have an extra step to turn on the light from a locked out position.

Anyone have any problem with this light switching on by itself inside pants' pockets? I've turned the clip in such a position that its right angle to switch (so switch faces inside towards zipper) so pressure between my pants and leg doesnt have a chance to switch it on... but it still gets switched on somehow.

JJ

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've turned the clip in such a position that its right angle to switch (so switch faces inside towards zipper) so pressure between my pants and leg doesnt have a chance to switch it on... but it still gets switched on somehow.
JJ

Try rotating the clip so that the button faces the seam of your pocket, rather than the zipper?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received 3 Utorch UT01 today and the pocket clip, which appears to be identical to the Manker E11, appears to be completely non-functional, because of the way the part that clips onto the light blocks the seam of the pocket from passing into the .75" long deep carry portion of the clip.

Anyone have a solution to this?

I plan to carry it bezel up, so it can be clipped on a hat brim.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok.. so I tried it. The light turned on in this position as well. Bummer.. :shakehead

One more clip position to try - Reversed for bezel up carry and aligned with the button. The clip curves back right at the edge of the button. The button will be outside of the pocket. The button also requires more effort to activate intentionally with the clip in this position, but quite tolerable for me.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Where can i get a wider clip? Mine is so tight it won't fit into a piece of jeans pocket.

JJ

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can i get a wider clip? Mine is so tight it won't fit into a piece of jeans pocket.

JJ
I used a couple pair of pliers to op n mine up. This is the most poorly designed clip that I've ever seen. Completely unusable as received, unless using two hands to clip it on a pocket.

Unbelievably, the clip is used on multiple models.

I don't know if a replacement is available.

dowlf

Newly Enlightened
I have been carrying my E11 everyday lately. I love this flashlight. I really like the simple interface, small size and extreme brightness. For the money it seems hard to beat for a small EDC flashlight.

chumley

Enlightened
The Manker E12 is a 2AA light that is similar to the E11. I really like the E11, I ordered the neutral white but I think it is actually a warm white.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manker's neutral-white [5300K or so] is actually cool-white. So it is very unlikely that they have shipped a product with an actual warm-white.

timbo813

Newly Enlightened
I really want something like this but two things need improved before I pull the trigger.

The UI would be better if it had direct access to more modes. Say single click for medium, double click for high and long press for moonlight.

Also, I'm concerned about the light turning on in the pocket. That's not a good thing.

Improve those areas and I'll order one tomorrow. The size, light output and looks are great. For now, I'm ordering a zebralight even though it's thicker than I want and kind of ugly IMO.

markr6

Flashaholic
I actually used this last night. I keep it in an emergency bag but figured I would give it a try. Not as bad as I originally thought. Just go a little slower on the UI to avoid strobe.

I'm surprised this one is discontinued...or most places are just out of stock.