Review of Klarus G30 MT-G2 2450 lumens, 3x18650

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes Badbeams3! I share your pain.

What was your failure?

Could be a batch problem or something.

Now this is getting worrying.

You could try emailing Klarus support and see if you're able to do an exchange with a local dealer near you.

When the tail is screwed on the light come on at a low level (without pressing any switch)....maybe 3~5 lumen. Press either switch and it switches to a bright level...and then it freezes. Will not change modes or turn off.

I emailed Best Gear and, like you, they sent me back an email saying I would get an another email within 24 hours (except for weekends) on how to proceed. Then just a little while ago I received this email....

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.
We sincerely sorry to hear this about your item.

We would like to work together to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Please review our warranty here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Therefore we kindly ask you to follow these steps:

1.Please describe the problem with your item in details (what happened and when?) stating your order number.
2.Please tell us what steps you have already taken to solve the issue.
3.Please give us the item code indicated on the outer package.
4.Please send us clear picture or video of the defects in good lighting.
Please keep the attachment below 2MB and use any of these formats gif, jpg, png, bmp, doc, xls, txt, rar, ppt, pdf.

We will do our best to help you.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards
Rafael
Gearbest Customer Service

I responded...again...

"When I screw the tailcap on, the light comes on at a dim level (without pressing either of the switches), perhaps 3 lumen. When either of the switches is pressed the light moves to a high level (I think turbo, but not sure)...and then freezes. Will not change levels or turn off without unscrewing the tail cap. I have repeated installing the tail cap after double checking for proper battery polarity and pin alignment with no change in results. I don't know how to send video, But there is nothing to see that I have not described. The light looks to have arrived without any visible damage to the box or light. The model is a Klarus G30. Please advise me of how to proceed to return the light to Gearbest.

Thanks

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol...now they sent me a repeat of their first message...

"We recently received your message on gearbest. Customer satisfaction is always our top priority: we are always extremely happy to provide the very best support to customers.

Please note your unique ticket ID: XXXXXXXXXX. Our friendly Customer Support staff will review your ticket and provide a reply to you very soon. Generally, this is within 24 hours (except during weekends and public holidays).

You can conveniently review all of your previous and current support tickets

I can only assume this is their way of informing me that they will take no further action till after the weekend...just a computer generated message.

Last edited:

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
Yikes.

I can't believe how many are bad right out of the box. I hope t hat you guys get it straightened out quickly. GB warranty service is a PIA for sure. Maybe the Klarus forum rep could help expedite things.

Bob

Corzy

Newly Enlightened
Lol...now they sent me a repeat of their first message...

"We recently received your message on gearbest. Customer satisfaction is always our top priority: we are always extremely happy to provide the very best support to customers.

Please note your unique ticket ID: XXXXXXXXXX. Our friendly Customer Support staff will review your ticket and provide a reply to you very soon. Generally, this is within 24 hours (except during weekends and public holidays).

You can conveniently review all of your previous and current support tickets

I can only assume this is their way of informing me that they will take no further action till after the weekend...

I had to make a video for them and even after that was asked to check that I inserted the batteries correctly.

If I read and understood their terms, they will not reimburse the shipping costs back to them.

Shocked to hear your unit is also defective.

If it is a batch issue, I really wonder what the problem is.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to make a video for them and even after that was asked to check that I inserted the batteries correctly.

If I read and understood their terms, they will not reimburse the shipping costs back to them.

Shocked to hear your unit is also defective.

If it is a batch issue, I really wonder what the problem is.

Yep, it appears they do not want to cover shipping on returning defective out of the box, lights. Or any of their products. http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

And given the issues had with two of the lights we know of, no way to know if you might be sent a second defective replacement light. Not sure what shipping cost are. But expect it would be pricy going to China, or/and take forever. And asking me/you to take pictures of the lights...nothing to be seen as the light looks to have arrived without damage...nothing to be gained. I placed it in dispute with my credit card company.

Beyond that it is a lesson to be learned.

Oh, about the light...I really like the size of the light...feels great in the hand, solid heft and not to fat. A real disappointment it does not work.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is this? Another faulty G30, too bad. I hope I will receive my G30 within next week, and I hope it works properly! Within 2-3 weeks the nights are bright until middle of august in my location, so I will have no outdoors use of it for more than 3 months...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is this? Another faulty G30, too bad. I hope I will receive my G30 within next week, and I hope it works properly! Within 2-3 weeks the nights are bright until middle of august in my location, so I will have no outdoors use of it for more than 3 months...

Did you order from Gearbest in China? If you did don't panic...there's better than a 50 50 chance it will work. Many seem to have received good working one's.

BEARS ARE PEOPLE TOO

Newly Enlightened
Are these g30's from the group buy/ flash sale from a while ago where it went for $52? I'm waiting on one too. I really hope it's not broken :(. I don't want to deal with gearebest anymore. Worst service I have dealt with ever. I am never buying from them again. Idc what kinda sale they have.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these g30's from the group buy/ flash sale from a while ago where it went for $52? I'm waiting on one too. I really hope it's not broken :(. I don't want to deal with gearebest anymore. Worst service I have dealt with ever. I am never buying from them again. Idc what kinda sale they have.

Mine was not part of a group buy. But the price was $52. Hope you can report a perfect working unit soon.

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Mine is from the group buy and it is fine. I hope that you get yours straightened out quickly.

Bob

Corzy

Newly Enlightened
Yep, it appears they do not cover shipping on returning defective lights. Or any of their products. http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

And given the issues had with two of the lights we know of, no way to know if you might be sent a second defective replacement light. Not sure what shipping cost are. But expect it would be pricy going to China, or take forever. And asking me/you to take video of the problem...I'm not going to play that game. I placed it in dispute with my credit card company, Gearbest has 90 days to fight it if they wish to. I suspect they will. Have to see how that plays out.

Beyond that it is a lesson to be learned. And I won't try buying anything that expensive from them again.

Oh, about the light...I really like the size of the light...feels great in the hand, solid heft and not to fat...

If you like the light, you can try contacting Klarus support and see if you can have it replaced at a dealer near you.

Corzy

Newly Enlightened

Mine is not part of the group buy.

Hope the rest have better luck then Badbeams3 and myself.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a shame there are issues out there. My g30 is a dream :). Pretty much my go to do everything light. firefly mode would have been handy though.
As far as I know klarus cs is a pain, but keep hassling them and it will get sorted. Maybe in the back ground the sellers you mention are having the same battle with klarus. We all need to be vocal to force them to fix the issue.
And im sure they will. Good luck guys !

Corzy

Newly Enlightened
Yea, sucks. Already wishing I had not ordered mine based on this quick failure. Keep us informed as to how this is resolved.

Thanks Badbeams3 for highlighting my G30 failure issue to Gearbest.

I just saw a couple of your posts to them when Kathy contacted me yesterday.

I hope you got your G30 failure sorted out with them.

For myself, I contacted Klarus and will be doing a replacement with one of their dealers when stocks arrive.

Budda

Enlightened
I am sorry to hear of your defective G30s guys.
The fastest way to get these problem resolved is to contact GB member here on Candlepowerforums with your inquiry number.

Corzy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Budda. I keep seeing all these posts on how G30 owners love theirs. Can't help feeling bit disappointed that ours failed so quickly or were DOA.

Budda

Enlightened
I know. Keep in mind that if 1 in 100 lights is faulty, but members buy 100'000 units, there will be 100 faulty lights.
Also, members will generally read the specs-review, and then buy the light. If the light is working, they will rarely write that they are happy; they will write more often to write that their light is broken.
Thus said, you paid for a light and you should get it working. It sucks when the stuff comes broken or breaks very quickly.
Long waiting time is a tradeoff for paying the light less (maybe 50% less?) than it would cost to buy it in your country... but we all know. If you want fast shipping, fast Customer care, fast replacement and cheap shipping in case of a reutrn... buy in your own country and pay a lot more.

Let us know how GB will handle the situation, I'm confident that if you contact the member here on this forum with order number, things will go faster.

rishabharies

Newly Enlightened
I'm slightly worried, i ordered 2 of these (1 for myself and another for a friend) through a group buy but it isn't from gear best, it's from bang good, not really sure how much of a difference that'll make but i don't want to get stuck with trying to replace/return 2 units. Has anyone dealt with banggood before and wish to elaborate about their policies, just in case i have to go down the same path?

Budda

Enlightened
What I wrote before is also true for BangGood. Try contacting the Candlepowerforums member rapresentative for BangGood, it will help you get your lights working in the case you have problem with them.