Review: Olight R50 PRO SEEKER LE

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone had heard back from Olight about the reports of the Cradle continuing to charge the battery once full? Was this just an early production problem or does it still exist?
This just in today:

We have verified that some of the batteries are the issue. We had a bad batch from our supplier where the protection circuit was not working so it would overcharge and overdischarge leaving it to not work anymore. If anyone has an issue at all with their battery, please email [email protected] and we will send you a replacement immediately. Thank you.

Spadboy

Newly Enlightened
After my original battery died, Olight sent me a replacement in June 2017. The replacement 26650 also died after leaving the R50 Seeker Pro LE in the charging dock.

I've sent customer service another message.

Oddly, I noticed you can "subscribe and save" on Amazon for the Olight 26650 4500mAh battery for R50 Seeker/R50 Seeker Pro /R50 Seeker Pro LE. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
What exactly does the LE package include that the regular Pro does not?
How far do you mean by "close to medium" distances?
Is a replacement battery really $10 (and probably $5 postage...)?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
This light has been intriguing me for a long time. Any improvements or a new model that does "more" now in 2018?

$Ed Case

Newly Enlightened
G'day enlightened peeps
First post, & I'd like to thank Budda for this thread & his amazing review. You're a champion.
I'd also like to thank Olight for their patience, & willingness to help.
I recently bought my second R50 PRO SEEKER LE on special, & thought I'd pass on what I've learnt.
I too had the problem whereby it didn't autostart while in the charger, for simulated blackout conditions, but I've since nutted it out.
To the haters, I accept that some will generalise that it's just a marketing ploy to label it as a blah blah professional light, but take a step back, if you will.
Here's the thing, law enforcement officers don't leave their flashlights in their charging docks (unused) or have it stagnating in a trophy display cabinet.
With that in mind, I took my origin LE out of its charger, pressed its ON button & let it shine for a moment (maybe 30 seconds).
Now I must be the luckiest bloke on Earth, but its worked without fail, every time I did it. WARNING, don't do it long enough & it won't trigger the blackout mode.
Speaking of blackout mode, as Budda pertinently mentioned, it auto triggers in the LOW output setting, which is perfect. Placed judiciously in the home, it should be enough light for you to find your way there, for many many days & that's even if you left it on in the daylight hours.
Try finding a purpose-built emergency light that has the smarts & stamina to do that.
If you've taken on what I've passed on, I'll be extremely happy. Life is too short to pass the time by whinging.
In closing, why would any Candlepower forumer want a lanyard on a PRO flashlight, which incidentally costs a fraction of any mid-tier mobile (cell) phone, has replaceable batteries & doesn't force you into $X/month plan to use it?
I'm prone to repeating myself, so forgive me while I thank once again, Budda & Olight.
Cheers from Downunder
John

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this light minus the cradle for the proprietary 26650's. The cradle got lost a long time ago. The light works just fine on my 5200mah Keeppower 26650's. The R50 at max is still blindingly bright. I use the Nitecore 8 slot charger for the Keeppowers and it works.