Review with Video: Thrunite TN40 Throw King, 1151meters, 4450Lumens and Fun Facts

CYMac

Newly Enlightened

Throw king vs throw king. Any opinions? Somehow I think the TM36 is still a king compared to the TN40, but the TN40 give a bit more flood, kinda a more balanced light, the TM36 is too heavy but VERY dang powerful hotspot. I think we need a helicopter to enjoy the TM36, lol!

RemcoM

Enlightened

Throw king vs throw king. Any opinions? Somehow I think the TM36 is still a king compared to the TN40, but the TN40 give a bit more flood, kinda a more balanced light, the TM36 is too heavy but VERY dang powerful hotspot. I think we need a helicopter to enjoy the TM36, lol!

Hi CYMac,

1 It looks like, the TM36, i also have, throws a very little further, than the TN40, of Thrunite, is that true?

I have the TM36, from Nitecore too, and this throws amazingly far...very impressive beast of a light.

2 Does the TM36, can reach farther, than a highbeam of a car?

And does it possibly come close, to the landing lights of a Boeing 747..737 airplane?

3 Do you still have the Olight SR90 intimidator?

Also a beast of a light, which throws very good.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey thanks for the reply CYMac. Looked the light up. That big fat battery pack is only 6800mah? A charge time of 2.8 hours is pretty darn impressive but believe they could have done a higher capacity pack but I am sure it would have made the light even more expensive. Not to keen on the power indicator on the rear. In my simple TN4A lights the LED indicator in the middle of the mode switch is perfect no need to have to stop and hold the light up to see the back end of the light. Once again though this thing is just so powerful I am pretty sure its in person experience tint and profile is different it just overwhelmed your camera which is of course cool to brag about sometimes. Still a better large 4xemitter very high output light than the TM16GT and the 2015 TK75 though...

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I still have the SR90 and have done a review comparison with that , which shows the SR90 is not as amazing as the TM36. The TM36 is more focused and that is why it seems throwing further than the TN40, but the TN40 does reach out that far and maybe further away than the TM36, just with a more floody beam of light, not focuzed like a DOT. The TM36 is better as a search light with that DOT of light.. but the TN40 is better in a more balanced form. Gives us more flood while having a good strong throw. I think the TN40 is more attractive for most people, not forget that it's smaller and less heavy too.

Hi CYMac,

1 It looks like, the TM36, i also have, throws a very little further, than the TN40, of Thrunite, is that true?

I have the TM36, from Nitecore too, and this throws amazingly far...very impressive beast of a light.

2 Does the TM36, can reach farther, than a highbeam of a car?

And does it possibly come close, to the landing lights of a Boeing 747..737 airplane?

3 Do you still have the Olight SR90 intimidator?

Also a beast of a light, which throws very good.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
The charging time is indeed impressive imo, I do like it, no complain. We have the SR90 that charge with the stupid plug too and it just doesn't charge fast lol! I think, with so many lights around, having some of this and some of that is fine, just when you are in the mood of handling one like this, you can take this one out. The next day, you take the next one out, lol! You are right, the camera is having issues trying to not get all washed out by the light, it's indeed too crazy bright! The tint in real person is warmer for sure, but it's hard to get the colors right when all the flying insects is around out there.. I will have to do a controlled test indoor in the future to give you the correct real beam color by using my color correction stuff. I don't like doing this outside, it's way too hard to stand there for long (with insects around..) lol!

hey thanks for the reply CYMac. Looked the light up. That big fat battery pack is only 6800mah? A charge time of 2.8 hours is pretty darn impressive but believe they could have done a higher capacity pack but I am sure it would have made the light even more expensive. Not to keen on the power indicator on the rear. In my simple TN4A lights the LED indicator in the middle of the mode switch is perfect no need to have to stop and hold the light up to see the back end of the light. Once again though this thing is just so powerful I am pretty sure its in person experience tint and profile is different it just overwhelmed your camera which is of course cool to brag about sometimes. Still a better large 4xemitter very high output light than the TM16GT and the 2015 TK75 though...

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
SR90 vs the TN40, you got it.. king vs king. LOL The TM36 is still very much the king over the SR90 though. SR90 is history!

RemcoM

Enlightened
SR90 vs the TN40, you got it.. king vs king. LOL The TM36 is still very much the king over the SR90 though. SR90 is history!

Hi CYMac,

Have you noticed my questions to you, 3 posts upwards/above?

Can you try to answer them, if you want, and have some time for it?

1 Does the TM36, reach farther than the SR90, from Olight?

What you mean, the beam of SR90, is mor vivid, more bright than the one of TM36? TM36 is brighter/more intense, off course?

Nice video,s you make.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I think I did answered you already?

TM36 reached kinda about the same as the TN40, maybe because one is more focused and one is more floody, we cannot really see the floody beam at that distance, it's hard to spot where the light is landed, but the TM36 kept a nice DOT of light out there, which made it easier to see.

The TM36 is indeed more intense, that is why I said the TN40 is more of a balanced light, and more useful in most cases.

Hi CYMac,

Have you noticed my questions to you, 3 posts upwards/above?

Can you try to answer them, if you want, and have some time for it?

1 Does the TM36, reach farther than the SR90, from Olight?

What you mean, the beam of SR90, is mor vivid, more bright than the one of TM36? TM36 is brighter/more intense, off course?

Nice video,s you make.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stuff! Thanks so much for the great (and fun) review. I wish Thrunite would have used the same tail cap battery setup as their other large lights. And I was hoping for a single Cree XHP 70 throw light...in their soda can head/body. Oh well...maybe down the road.

[h=1][/h]

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Great stuff! Thanks so much for the great (and fun) review. I wish Thrunite would have used the same tail cap battery setup as their other large lights. And I was hoping for a single Cree XHP 70 throw light...in their soda can head/body. Oh well...maybe down the road.

I thought of the same, why not make a throw light with the soda can setup and not get a big head on it? LOL that will be very awesome. I like their sode can series over nitecore for the simplicity. I have the TM series stuff from nitecore, but they are way too fancy and the digital display reading is fake and not really giving you real measurements. So I prefer to just have no indicator and give me more power instead. Hope Thrunite is listening here!

lewc

Newly Enlightened
20% prime day coupon at thrunite store (not Amazon) 7/11->7/12 only

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi CYMac,

1 Do you have a car? What you guess/think? Can the Nitecore TM36, outthrow, a/your carHIGHbeam? Is it more intense than a/your carHIGHbeam?

Have/can you compare it? Would be great.

2 Do you have Facebook?

3 Do you still have the TM11, from Nitecore?

Can you make a youtubemovie, with it too, compared with the TN40, or TM36?

I have the Nitecore TM15, not very far throw, but very wide flood.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Yes I have a car, matrix 2006, and the high beam is not going to be more powerful than these crazy spotlights, no way lol! The TM11 is also a flood beam, it won't throw very far too. I still have it but I hate it for the HEAT issue, no wonder nitecore discontinued this product now. The TM15 is better but still designed as a flood light. You can really enjoy the TM36 and TN40 if you have the love for throw, those TM11 and TM15 cannot do anything compare to them for sure, it's incomparable.

Hi CYMac,

1 Do you have a car? What you guess/think? Can the Nitecore TM36, outthrow, a/your carHIGHbeam? Is it more intense than a/your carHIGHbeam?

Have/can you compare it? Would be great.

2 Do you have Facebook?

3 Do you still have the TM11, from Nitecore?

Can you make a youtubemovie, with it too, compared with the TN40, or TM36?

I have the Nitecore TM15, not very far throw, but very wide flood.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
consider the price, I would say convoy L6 is my new favorite high lumen light to recommend for friends!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by speedtechlights:
This light should nicely fill the gap between the T6 and the RC40 2016. Thank you for the review!

Really really originally posted by richbuff on 07-14-16:
Thanks for the review. This light should nicely fill the gap between the T6 and the RC40 2016.

Larger diameter head = more throw.

I clicked the report.php button yesterday. I used to have love for copy/paste bots, but my finite supply of love for bots got used up at some point, without being replenished.

ErrolRS

Newly Enlightened
Excellent video review. Certainly worth considering for its compact size although I would prefer to fit my own batteries. I am waiting for AceBeam to put out a similar size flashlight with 4 Cree XHP-35 Hi LEDs and 8000+ lumens