• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Rofis TR20 18650 rechargeable anglelight flashlight

rofisbenny

Newly Enlightened
Re: It's going back asap, I need a refund

We will contact with Gearbest to solve your problem

Sorry for this trouble

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ripped off by gearbest?! so i called my credit card company what scumbags!!!!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

hello ROFISBENNY thanks very much.

at this point I dont think much of gearbest at all!! have you considered other retailers like batteryjunction?

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW thanks that is what I wanted a few days ago. at this point I would ask for a new tracking number and light or I will get my own refund from credit card.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, gearbest stinks. They charged my cc, then canceled my order without notifying me. Was waiting like a fool for my light to sail in from China. Never again.

rofisbenny

Newly Enlightened

here is the seller of Rofis light. They will do their best for you. Have you give me your address?

Rofis

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, gearbest stinks. They charged my cc, then canceled my order without notifying me. Was waiting like a fool for my light to sail in from China. Never again.
sorry to hear about that, they appear to be a "megaseller" like dealextreme? where it is hard for them to follow up on concerns. they have replied to me albiet with an unacceptable solution. they stink I would hope ROFIS would work with BATTERYJUNCTION!!!!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

hello and thanks I am not sure I understand what I see is a listing without the discount, so does this mean I am supposed to buy it again and pay full price?
I would respectfully decline in that case. If you send me another that works I will call off my credit card company in their INVESTIGATION of gearbest. THEY STINK!!!!!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
where do I send this junk?

where should I send this P.O.S. impersonating a precision piece of equipment?

I have gone from being an outspoken advocate of ROFIS to now a knowing believer in their desire for quality service.
They went out of their way to help me

Last edited:

Chrisdm

Enlightened

I could see that angled head being very useful for my search/rescue work, clipped to a pack or strap etc... But I would never trust that flimsy clip-on clip. I only buy lights that have properly attached clips. Also, for extended outdoor use, color temp of the LED must be neutral, this doesnt say if it is blue tint or neutral tint.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rofis gave you a recommendation for a local reseller and asked for your address. Possibly to send a replacement. Rofis said they'd try to contact Gearbest on your behalf. Not much time has elapsed buy you seem impatient.

Gearbest does require patience to deal with. There is no free lunch. Getting the big discount comes with some costs, including slow shipping time and response delays with customer service. There are tons of threads on here about GB experiences. Generally speaking if you do what is asked (with videos and pictures to prove the problem), they will make it right. Yes, more hoops to jump through than normal for other places. But they are selling at discounts you can't get elsewhere. No free lunch.

To the casual observer here it seems that you are unwilling to follow the full GB service process, yet want a free replacement. You want to buy local from an authorized place at discounted overseas prices. You were contacted by rofis on here; have you replied as requested and given the process time to work?
If a couple weeks you're in the same boat then okay, but it seems a bit heated for this early on in the process 3 days in.

Edit: Also this is a review thread, not a jeers thread. There's a separate area for that.

Last edited:

ben446

Newly Enlightened
Anyone compare this to the now discontinued ThruNight TN20? Build quality etc... I really like and use the .24 lumens Moon mode on the TN 20.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably similar since thrunite & rofis collaborated on the original tn20. It appears the tr20 is an upgrade to the tn20 with a more powerful led and an upgraded tail cap design

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rofis gave you a recommendation for a local reseller and asked for your address. Possibly to send a replacement. Rofis said they'd try to contact Gearbest on your behalf. Not much time has elapsed buy you seem impatient.

Gearbest does require patience to deal with. There is no free lunch. Getting the big discount comes with some costs, including slow shipping time and response delays with customer service. There are tons of threads on here about GB experiences. Generally speaking if you do what is asked (with videos and pictures to prove the problem), they will make it right. Yes, more hoops to jump through than normal for other places. But they are selling at discounts you can't get elsewhere. No free lunch.

To the casual observer here it seems that you are unwilling to follow the full GB service process, yet want a free replacement. You want to buy local from an authorized place at discounted overseas prices. You were contacted by rofis on here; have you replied as requested and given the process time to work?
If a couple weeks you're in the same boat then okay, but it seems a bit heated for this early on in the process 3 days in.

Edit: Also this is a review thread, not a jeers thread. There's a separate area for that.

"Getting the big discount comes with some costs" I agree

I gave ROFIS my address and have heard NOTHING since. gearbest stinks, Rofis has communicated a little with me but not since I left my address. yes this is a review thread not a jeer, OK the TR 20 is a piece of junk. Gearbest stinks and will NOT refund my purchase price!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello to you Maukka, in "the Land of a million lakes" :) yes I would like to follow up with Rofis, there has been some communication and I would say that Rofisbenny has contacted me about this and seems very willing to help.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably similar since thrunite & rofis collaborated on the original tn20. It appears the tr20 is an upgrade to the tn20 with a more powerful led and an upgraded tail cap design

I like the on/off click at the bottom on the JR 20 Rofis. that is one reason why I have not bought the Klarus AR10. The magnetic tail cap on the TR 20 may offer some benefits in the absence of the "easy access in a holster" bottom tailcap switch.

rofisbenny

Newly Enlightened

Hi tsask,We have sent replacement to you by free. Any other questions please feel free to contact with me on our work email. Thanks.