Rogue Flashlights by ICON

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the ICON lights have reached Singapore. Saw it at Sheares Technologies, lots of stock for both the single and double cells model. 3 colours each model. But they are closed till 2 Feb 09, for Chinese New Year holiday.

Thanks for the update, I'll be long gone by then but will have to check out Sheares next time I'm in that part of town for some Indian food! Looks like it is near Sim Lim Square.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really sure I see what market PK is going for here.

Creating a new brand that's cheaper than your premium line, but seems to be lacking in the specs department vs competition is, on the surface, odd.

A couple of possibilities:

Perhaps the ICON is optimized to run on alkalines, hence the 50 lumens?

Perhaps the ICON is designed to appeal to trendy non-flashaholics who wouldn't be attracted to the typical black military-esque look, but want a better light...? (but this is why Mag made pretty colors)

Not really seeing either of these as accurate, just meandering about, looking for a market segment here... I'm looking forward to being enlightened, so to speak. PK, where are you?

:shrug:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes the ICON Rogues are intended to be powered by AA Alks that they are supplied with.

Yes I believe they are intended for a non-flashaholics, and those who do not have a specific (read: Tactical, WeaponLight, 'niche' task-specific etc) need for an illumination tool.

Al :)

drifthat

Newly Enlightened
Not really sure I see what market PK is going for here.

Creating a new brand that's cheaper than your premium line, but seems to be lacking in the specs department vs competition is, on the surface, odd.

A couple of possibilities:

Perhaps the ICON is optimized to run on alkalines, hence the 50 lumens?

Perhaps the ICON is designed to appeal to trendy non-flashaholics who wouldn't be attracted to the typical black military-esque look, but want a better light...? (but this is why Mag made pretty colors)

Not really seeing either of these as accurate, just meandering about, looking for a market segment here... I'm looking forward to being enlightened, so to speak. PK, where are you?

:shrug:
It's rumored that SF doesn't hire any marketing consultants. So...:shrug:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Like I posted earlier, I pre-ordered one (Rogue 1) and am sort of looking forward to it. If it makes 30 lumens on high I would be pleased. Looking at the beamshots from link in first post, it doesn't look too bad and has a wide even beam. If it does make 50 lumens I would be impressed. I will be comparing it to my other LED lights using bounce with lightmeter. Personally I won't bad rap this light till I have it in hand and have done some basic testing and find reasons for concern.

Bill

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the Rogue 1 has 50 lumens on high mode... :sssh:

Anyway, if this "50 lumens" is those underrated Surefire lumens, I´ll surely get one Rogue 1 for me too! :party:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the whole body being wide like that, I wonder if they could've fit a C cell instead of an AA. Then a 2C version would be sweet.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The body may be larger than you'd expect for a AA light, but it's not that big. It has rails that have airspace under them, should be good size/weight ratio.

Size15's

Flashaholic
That is one good looking light. The proportions in my eyes are just right! Wish SF would re-consider making that light available.
Interesting that we can have such polarised aesthetic opinions. I think it's a horrible, dreadfully proportioned flashlight - the body is too long and thin!

Latest posts