Roll call

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
I suppose I ought to ask before finding out the hard way... what is the expected general decorum for this event? More specifically, will I need to hide, cut off, or otherwise eliminate the pink hair? Or will it be alright to simply come as I am?
Will I need to buy a suite and tie?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, who am I to say. But, I do have some thoughts on it. I'd think that there will be many there eager to meet in real life the curator of the Led Museum. Anything less the real thing would detract from the experience. They want to see you, why disguise yourself?

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Empath:
why disguise yourself?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ohhhh! Ohhhhh! Pick me, pick me. I know!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I've got one suit and it only gets worn for weddings and funerals! Us retired types wear very casual stuff. I guess formal attire for this GT would be one of those multi pocketed hunting/fishing vest to carry multiple flashlights!
wink.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Originally posted by Empath:
why disguise yourself?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ohhhh! Ohhhhh! Pick me, pick me. I know!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bovine in the back of the room with the Arc legs, what've you got?

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, come on people - I'm going to do my best to be there, and I'll have a lot further to travel than a lot of you.

I want to meet as many of the wierdos on this forum as I can.. (although, Darell has already indicated he's going, so the wierd section of CPF membership will be pretty much covered.)

Of course, I don't want to leave out the normal, non-wierd members. I want to meet both of you too.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Empath:
The bovine in the back of the room with the Arc legs, what've you got?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Some sort of incurable disease with a name I can't pronounce. Why do you ask?

Well, sad, sad news for me. Just when I was getting all excited, the call came in. We'll be specifically headed *elsewhere* at the same time as the Shot Show. It now appears that there won't be a chance in heck that I'll be able to attend. Damn, damn, damn. I'll miss all of you guys, for sure. But I'm *really* bummed that I won't be seeing the ducks at the Peabody again.

mad.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bummer... I was just thinking that by then, you'll have exceeded 5000 posts, and you may well be just as poplular of an attraction as Craig... OTH, Saaby is coming on strong, and it looks like you have serious contender

Saaby

Flashaholic
What can I say...I see my name and feel I need to add to my growing number
tongue.gif

Actualy I did the calculation the other day...came out with an average of 27 posts per day, and decited I needed a life. Then I remembered I had one, it's just on vacation
wink.gif

See I have to cram a whole bunch of posts in here at the last second because I KNOW there will be no internet connection at scout camp. Also, I will not be at SHOT. I am too young to get into the show, so that wouldn't be any fun anyway now would it??

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah well. They probably won't allow cows in either, so I guess it is just as well that I can't make it
tongue.gif

Damn. My heart just sank when I heard the news that I'd be back in CA during the show. It all came together too perfectly at first. I mean what were the chances of me actually *being* there already at the right time? Looked great until a change of venue for my wife's seminar was announced. Damn, damn, damn.

Well, somebody has to post blow-by-blow pictures during the festivities. Can we set up a a mobile webcam Graham? I'd like to ride on your shoulder as you sashay amongst the booths.

Oh, I'm sure I'll never be as *popular* as Craig. I don't have the dashing good looks to pull that off. I'm sure that many consider me somewhat of a curiousity though, and that paid off well for P.T. Barnum.

Anyway, now that I'm off the frigging list, I promise to do my best to keep filling this thread with my inane blathering. I mean unless it's mandatory...

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Man, I sure would like to go....can anyone give me an idea of which day the "big event" might be? Friday night, the 14th? SaturDAY, the 15th?

Brock

Flashaholic
I think you or David could make it pop up right on the first page also, it might be more visible there. (I could probably do it, but I don't know how)

I am "hoping" to be able to go, but won't know for sure until I find out about this promotion in August.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
NAG, NAG, NAG... Come own people, where is the CPF sprit?

DavidW - David Williams
WaltH - Chip Hopkins
MrTedBear - Jeff Hong (air and room)
The LED Museum - Craig Johnson (air and room)
Graham - Graham Bell (room)
Roy - Roy Bost (room)
jack32088 - Jack Schudel (room)
Eppe's Corner ?

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Can we set up a a mobile webcam Graham? I'd like to ride on your shoulder as you sashay amongst the booths.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you can be sure I'll provide as much recording technology as possible. I don't know about live webcam, since that would need some sort of wireless connection, but definitely digital video, photos, etc. Although webcam might be possible for the party, if that is in a hotel room or something..

I don't know about 'sashaying' though. Do they allow sashaying at these shows?

Graham

Greta

Flashaholic
Just a thought... perhaps all moderators should make an announcement in their forums about this and ask those who are interested to pop by this thread and let us know. Perhaps there are some out there who have not checked out this forum or thread yet? It's an idea.
tongue.gif

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Last year I took my family to Orlando just after Thanksgiving for two weeks, we rented a vaction rental home.
This year we think it will be better to do it in jan because thats usually when my day job is the slowest of the whole year but it may be possible for me to do it in the first two weeks of feb. Whoever is doing this should check out some of those rental homes, many have 6 or more rooms, pool, jacuzzi, PC, outdoor grill and a lot of space. i rented ours at a special rate of $66 a night, its now $85 and thats for "low" season. It was a three bedroom house fully furnished and lavishly equipped, better than many hi-dollar motels.