RuPaul, flashaholic - who knew?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Could we have a famous person that isn't Elvis or Rupaul that is a flashaholic?
Adam from Mythbusters does enjoy a really good flashlight. Especially a single-AA one, with a metal tailcap switch because he apparently wears out the rubberized boots on other flashlights. Though he's a watered-down flashaholic.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adam from Mythbusters does enjoy a really good flashlight.

I really dislike that show. I used to watch it regularly back in maybe 2008 or 2009. During one episode they were explaining something and then said oh we are removing these technical details because the public doesn't need to know. I think it was to fool a fingerprint reader or something. At that point I didn't have any need for that show since it had no educational value. After 2009 I stopped watching American television anyways. It wasn't worth watching due to bad values, low quality programmes and the writer strike.

At that point I had access to British and European shows thanks to high speed internet. I think the only thing I seen at all before going to prison where TV was unavoidable was a little bit of Ellen and Dance Moms.

I don't care how he/she makes a living, I just want a peek at that 1,000 light collection. Never mind the run of the mill stuff, show us something exotic. RP, it's time to come clean. Time for the grand reveal (with photos of course).

The forum is waiting...💃

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
mrfixitman is RuPaul....
At this point, that's the best one liner of 2024, by far.:clap::buttrock:😂😆😁👍

It's nice to learn that normal people like flashlights too, not just the weirdos on this forum!
That's the first time I've been called more weird than Rupaul ... I think ... I HOPE! 😲😮😧

I just want a peek at that 1,000 light collection. Never mind the run of the mill stuff, show us something exotic. RP, it's time to come clean. Time for the grand reveal (with photos of course).
Just thinking ... did Mr. Ru say why he actually likes flashlights? I'm guessing maybe a 4D Maglite could be one of his favorites. Maybe you don't want to see them.🤢 "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meanwhile....

Attachments

• 3EA1F4E1-2C1F-4D5A-A702-5D6E08B2F83B.jpeg
    3EA1F4E1-2C1F-4D5A-A702-5D6E08B2F83B.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 0259B693-0BC4-4E7C-85AB-57DA682E3247.jpeg
    0259B693-0BC4-4E7C-85AB-57DA682E3247.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 49

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Not my kind of entertainer, but interviewed on NPR-Fresh Air. Excerpt (Mosley is the interviewer):

RUPAUL: I am still into cars. I love cars. They represent freedom. I love cars. I love flashlights. I have, like, a thousand flashlights.

MOSLEY: Wait. What's with the flashlights?

RUPAUL: I think, if I were my therapist, I would - I love the fact that, first of all, you - being prepared for the darkness. And also, they represent illumination.

MOSLEY: Do you collect them?

RUPAUL: I probably have five with me now, probably.

MOSLEY: In your bag over there, you've got, like, five flashlights.

RUPAUL: I just love them.......

...and a little more on flashlights. Transcript here:

Wow! I did not expect that RuPaul would be a flashaholic, but "being prepared for the darkness"... yeah, this checks out. :cool: