Sanyo eneloop from Singapore

LumensUK

Newly Enlightened
Sanyo eneloop batteries are now available in Singapore. I bought some from an online Singapore site:

http://www.onlineshop.com.sg

This supplier will ship to almost anywhere in the world with very reasonable shipping charges - just the actual cost of airmail postage. The batteries were delivered in the UK about a week after ordering.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
$13.90 for two Eneloop batteries!! Is that Singapore dollars? If so, what would that be in US dollars?

Bill

LumensUK

Newly Enlightened
On the right hand side of each page from the Singapore site is a currency selector. The default setting is Singapore Dollars with a choice of US Dollars, Euro, UK Pounds or Hong Kong Dollars.

13.90 Singapore Dollars, 8.81 US Dollars, 6.88 Euro, 4.78 UK Pounds, 68.42 Hong Kong Dollars at the sites current exchange rates.

ahchoo

Newly Enlightened
hmm...they have lights too..and beer which are 'faintly skunky'? :candle:

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today they are selling 4 for $17.04 US dollars. That's $4.26 a piece. The shipping is estimated at $3.07. I can't get anything shipped locally for that price. Sounds pretty good to me.

When will they be available for purchase in the US and what will they cost?

LumensUK

Newly Enlightened
UK customers do not need to send a bank transfer from the UK to Singapore. The sight owner has a UK bank account and payments can be made to that account. I think there are similar arrangements for the other currencies listed on the sight. This is a very low cost operation but I found the owner responded promptly to my questions and shipped the batteries equally promptly.

AdamThirnis

Newly Enlightened
LumensUK said:
UK customers do not need to send a bank transfer from the UK to Singapore. The sight owner has a UK bank account and payments can be made to that account. I think there are similar arrangements for the other currencies listed on the sight. This is a very low cost operation but I found the owner responded promptly to my questions and shipped the batteries equally promptly.

The bank details given are a Singapore bank. Most UK banks will charge a hefty fee if you transfer money into an overseas account.

LumensUK

Newly Enlightened
Adam - I have just bought eneloop batteries from the Singapore site and I most definitely did not send a bank transfer to Singapore. The site owner emailed me UK bank account details for payment. I suggest you send the owner a email and ask him about UK payments.

ciam

Newly Enlightened
Silverfox, thanks for clearing it up for me. I googled for this info and read quite a few introductory articles about these new cells. No mention of new charger. But then, when I went to Sanyo's own site, they had a "new charger for the new cells." Maha also advertised their MH-C808M charger as "Eneloop ready." Kind of confusing.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
so in general all eneloop bat's are ok with my lacrosse? even titanium ones? thanks

vacuum3d

Enlightened
I tried to buy 20 from this site, but I don't want to deal with Bank Transfer. Emailed the siteop twice regarding PayPal or CC payment. No reply. I want to replace my Nimh AA with these cells, but these guys' payment options are unreasonable. I guess I'll have to wait til US vendors carry these.

ernest

Tronic

Newly Enlightened
I have written him a mail too and I got the answer that he is setup a new Paypal account. This take about 2 day.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
laughing at that site, i realise that they have some "good" lights...

but hey, they got the 15min charger for 60!!! i go shop outside buy 84... sian...

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll wait a few days and see if the PayPal thing ever materializes. Otherwise I might mail him a check.

I don't completely understand the bank transfer thing. I have a feeling it will require me to go to my bank and fork over a considerable amount of money for the service.