• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SCAM ALERT

User @fordcappy has likely been hacked and/or is a scammer.

This their current for sale listing.

This is the original post and image sources.

Please be aware there are three more listings for a Surefire U2 Porcupine, McGizmo, and Aviator from the same user in rapid succession. The seller has contacted @experimentjon for payment, asking for Venmo FF. All threads have been locked by the seller and prices are rapidly dropping to likely try to catch a victim.

experimentjon

Newly Enlightened
Guys...I was so close to having a stainless rotary at a good price! Too bad the scammer had only 4 friends on Venmo, and payments in the last 2 hours for "North Central Kansas Teens for Christ", "Molly", "Half of Firewood", "Refund <3" (as a charge and not a payment)...

TBH, the red flags and catching it early was better than having to work through PayPal/Venmo's fund recovery over X number of days if I had actually sent as G&S and got scammed.

Stay vigilant out there!

Prove it before you send it. Write your username on a slip of paper with today's date and take a new photo of the light with that piece of paper. Post the photo here.

Unlock your other three listings. If you have nothing to hide, there is no need to lock listings. Post the same timestamp photos with your username and date next to each of those items as well.

RPC

Newly Enlightened
Eh, on the phone with my bank. Hopefully there's recourse.

Again, at $315 it's a rather inexpensive life lesson. Glad they didn't list it for more because they'd have gotten a couple hundred more out of me.

Honestly can't say I've ever been scammed like this and I have maybe a couple hundred similar B/S/T transactions…

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, I had some serious thoughts about buying that McGizmo. Thank goodness I didn't pull the trigger 😳
Here's that same McGizmo listing on eBay.

From my research. Definitely a scammer. Looks to be saving images of other listings on eBay. Everything he has for sale was copied images from eBay listings

I could be wrong, who knows. Seems strange. Hopefully we get some clarification

Listing

Last edited:

RPC

Newly Enlightened
@fordcappy (the poster in question) reacts to my story in this thread…

If this is you @fordcappy, please post a pic of the insert you told me through PM you had for the item, would love to clear this up:

B8A4DA69-0195-48FF-9453-3354CEE4700E.jpeg

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
You aren't getting your shipment. When I got scammed by Nindabews account the person had actually taken the time to learn a little bit and brought something up that we had talked about. They are clever, everyone needs to put on 2 way authentication. It's aggravating but it helps.

LOL the seller is deleting posts. Right before my response in #6, they called me crazy and said they sent it already. Now their response to @RPC is they will send it when they get home. So which is it?

Just so nothing will be lost, here's a screen cap of their most recent response.

I've seen @fordcappy 's listings before, English seemed good/fluent. Somehow their grammar became terrible recently. 😂

Attachments

• 7E657E35-E6A0-4DA0-A9D1-9638F60111BD.png
    7E657E35-E6A0-4DA0-A9D1-9638F60111BD.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 110

RPC

Newly Enlightened
Not implying any responsibility whatsoever, but I've reported several messages plus the posting...

Where are the mods in all of this?