ScoutLight/E2C Issue?

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
I have a ScoutLight and I want to put a P60L on it. I bought a E2C and a G2L. It is/was my understanding that the G/P series heads fit the E2C adapter. It will screw on a bit but jams before it gets on far enough to work. Am I missing something? Or do I have to get a different head? Any SF experts that can help explain this?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ScoutLight and I want to put a P60L on it. I bought a E2C and a G2L. It is/was my understanding that the G/P series heads fit the E2C adapter. It will screw on a bit but jams before it gets on far enough to work. Am I missing something? Or do I have to get a different head? Any SF experts that can help explain this?

When I was using a E to C adaptor with my Surefire E1b and a Malkoff drop-in I had to stretch the spring of the M30 to reach the battery. It is likely not reaching the cell for contact.

Also, you could now get a Makoff E series bezel then drop-in any Malkoff P60 drop-in of your choice.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sold mine awhile back, and I'm not sure if you're doing this already, but you need to screw the adapter on first, and then the bezel...If you try to attach the bezel/adapter to the body at the same time, it won't reach...kinda like the collar on the C/P series turbo heads. Clear as mud?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The other part might be an anodizing issue where there is no bare aluminum for the outside spring to make contact with the E2C. Look at it closely. A regular C series body has a bare aluminum ledge inside for that spring to make contact.

Bill

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your bezel should fit the E2C, if that's what you're asking. The G2L bezel is threaded the same as the Z44, Z32, M2 bezel, etc. Technically, it is a Z44, just with a different finish.
My E2C is not a stock SF adapter, but a TnC custom model. I just tried it, and the G2L bezel screws on just like the Z44-HA I've put on it before.
Sometimes it's harder to get a bezel on or off past the o-ring on individual lights. A silicone lube usually smooths this out.
Not being familiar with the actual SF model, I don't know what would be different to cause this problem, so the o-ring is the only suggestion I can come up with.

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for all the great replies. After reading through everything and knowing it should fit. I sanded the E2C down a little and it fits! It takes a vise and a strap wrench to assemble, but it fits!

lovecpf