• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SD75vn - Brightest Utility 70

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow! I forgot about that! I was looking at the factory specs, where the lowest level is 150.

With DriverVNX2 on 1%, I guess the lowest will be around 40-50 lumens? may be less

Mostly I was kidding anyhow--it would be crazy to use this searchlight for moonlight mode. Yup! or use the included diffuser attachment

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How does this light compare to the K60?

I will have a K60vn done soon from a customers order for comparison. They should be close. SD75 should be a bit brighter. IMO pick the SD75vn if the charging or DriverVNX2 featured is preferred. Otherwise K60vn is cheaper and is a great light.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
I will have a K60vn done soon from a customers order for comparison. They should be close. SD75 should be a bit brighter. IMO pick the SD75vn if the charging or DriverVNX2 featured is preferred. Otherwise K60vn is cheaper and is a great light.

After comparing specs, it looks like you are paying $45 more (VNX2 driver) for only a 300 lumen gain over the K60. From the pictures it looks like the SD75vn doesn't match the K60's quality of construction, especially the battery carriage, threads, and the rotary switch on the K60 is the best. Also, the SD75 weighs .58lbs or 46% more. Oh and did I mention I hate green PCB? Yes, I am totally a K60vn cheerleader =D

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
In defense of the SD75vn here are some Pros VS K60vn

1. More mass = better heat handling
2. XHP70 Lumen King title. Pushing the envelope deserve a bit respect.
3. Removable SS landyard ring
4. Hot shot threaded for Tripod mounting
5. Input+Output charging: No charger needed, never need to take out cells, charge in car or via wall plug, charge both your phones & tablet simultaneously.
6. Realtime battery LED indicator
7. DriverVNX2/3: Complete one hand operation. NO need to rear click and then twist rings for modes. Instant acess to Low, Medium, High, or Strobe all from off with just one finger. No need to adjust handling.
8. Battery carrier is more reliable than K60 carrier by design
9. DriverVNX is absoloutely more reliable than any Acebeam drivers.
10. Digital switch is more reliable than Acebeam clicky switch by design.
11. Overall build quality is just as good
12. Light come with hard carry case
13. Long runtime diffuser light included
14. No stupid www.blablabla.com laser engraved that I hate very much on any light.
15. No excessive printing on body

Last edited:

Summer Heat

Newly Enlightened
Just curious, how would a SD75vn with XHP70 dedome compare to the clear dome or diffused dome options?