Seeking a work light...

BellyUpFish

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys-

Looking for a simple work light. I work in a nuclear plant and need something for spotting valve numbers, looking in dark places, etc.

I'm currently using a Fenix E21, but would like something a little smaller and with a pocket clip.

Here's my sheet.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget:
Less than $100.

3) Format: I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size: Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source: LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer: I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

____I intend to use alkaline batteries or rechargeable nickel chemistry (NiCad, NiMH, NiZn)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need?
I want to walk around an unlit rural area (50-150 lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: Between 5 and 20 yards

10) Runtime: 90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Slightly Important. I will live in my pocket, but I may be crawling around on the ground, over pipes, etc.

12) Switch Type and location: Clicky - forward or verse, not picky. Don't want a twist.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. I don't care.

14) Material/Finish/Coating: I don't care.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Zebralights, Eagletac, Foursevens, Klarus, Sunwayman, and probably a few more all come with clips. I'm assuming you want a 1 AA light?

I like my Zebralight SC51. They also have the SC80 which takes both AA and CR123, and the up and coming SC52. The clip is nice on mine and it holds well. The Sunwayman lights are also nice if you want a magnetic output adjustment ring. Foursevens is an often recommended brand as well. Eagletac's D25 series is also worth a look, there are many options there. Fenix's LD12 could also work for you.

IIRC, the E21 is a decently throwy 2 AA light, so would you like to match it in throw?

:welcome: