Seeking crush-proof pouch for glasses

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
am getting a new pair of glasses with magnetic clip-on shades.
Would like to find a "crush-proof" pouch to carry it in.
Would prefer a clip on type like a Rip-Off, so I can use it on my duty belt at work and/or at home or on outings.
Any leads?
I have some kydex in the garage and am considering designs to make an "insert" that will fit in a standard pouch to make it sturdy enough. Got the idea from my Uncle Mike's OC pouch,
it has a plastic tubular insert to help retain shape.
Normally I wouldn't worry about it but these spectacles are expensive and getting replacement clip ons from the factory are a real pain in the butt.
My last pair came with
clip-ons but you actually had to buy a new frame to get one, they didn't sell replacements at all.
As for the pouch I would prefer nylon to match the duty gear, and I like its looks for home use too. If having to go with leather I'll prefer black. When I get the new glasses this week i'll have exact measurements.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting, but may be a little bigger than I'd like.

Found a clip on single magazine pouch in the dresser that might work, though the pvc idea from the pouch is giving me ideas.

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
Sorry I suck with changing addresses... Might not be what your looking for but I bought one of these (although a dif brand name) around 10 years ago for an expensive pair of Ray Bans I had (& still have) & it works great. Crush proof & water proof, with a clip. I've used it to store other items from time to time as well, basically a pelican type case for glasses...

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...yeglass+case&start=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

crap! sorry about the link, scroll 1/2 way down passed the flashlights to see glass case...

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey that one looks nice and dimensions are smaller than anu other I seen.
Did a search and found others, but usually theya are 6+ inches in length.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well don't know if anyone is interested but found my solution.
got the specs today and found they fit in a Safariland baton pouch, open top, for 26 in. It is the model that has a hard plastic insert sewn in to make it retain its shape, not all pouches have this.
just wrap my little lens cloth around the clip ons and slide them in. works great and no fear of damage, good for work and home.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow! I like Safariland's products. To me, they simply make some of the best products out there on the market. . .Way to go!

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgot to mention it also makes a great pouch for carrying my Stinger, as do my other baton pouched. Which works out well for me, don't have to give up one for the other.

webley445 said:
Well don't know if anyone is interested but found my solution.
got the specs today and found they fit in a Safariland baton pouch, open top, for 26 in. It is the model that has a hard plastic insert sewn in to make it retain its shape, not all pouches have this.
just wrap my little lens cloth around the clip ons and slide them in. works great and no fear of damage, good for work and home.