Sensor in front of my diode???? LOOK

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
I just opened my 50mw Laser Pointer and unscrew the lens and I found this between the diode and lens, Looks like a UV filter and a sensor of some kind.
Have anyone seen this before?

PS: by the way the laser is from www.newwishlaser.com

img9108largeuo6.jpg

img9112largetp3.jpg

Last edited:

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened
That is a Photo Diode sensor. Is it used to give feedback and regulate the laser power. It is present in every newwish laser of that model.
I open 3 of mine and it is present in all of them. The glass that sits on 45 degree angle is actually a half pass mirror (or whatever it called), that send some of the laser beam to the photo sensor and pass the rest of the beam through.

Last edited:

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
That is a Photo Diode sensor. Is it used to give feedback and regulate the laser power. It is present in every newwish laser of that model.
I open 3 of mine and it is present in all of them. The glass that sits on 45 degree angle is actually a half pass mirror (or whatever it called), that send some of the laser beam to the photo sensor and pass the rest of the beam through.

What happends if I remove the crystal and sensor, cut off the wires? do I get more power? I have 3 more laser with different power rates that are from newwish

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
Well I just cut the wires on the suppose 20mw model and I think is brighter, now compares to the 50mw

amph1bius

Newly Enlightened
It is probably a regulating circuit that won't overdrive the diode. You may have overdriven it. They may have made the feedback circuit pivotal to its operation, so that the current is controlled

Latest posts