Short review of Sofirn IF23 EDC Flashlight..

James9000

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought one of these and I really like it. I'm not a new flashlight for many years so although I don't know much about what is current, I'm approaching it with fresh eyes. I've been using a simple tactical black tube 5 inches of some non-descript brand the last six years and it's been absolutely fine about 800 lm maximum.

About the ]Sofirn IF23.

I'm very pleased with it, Initially I had concerns about the auto lockout but on reflection I like it and think is actually quite a clever system. Because if this flashlight switches on in a bag it could melt some of your other valuable equipment.

Yours have access to the moon glow. It is a little bit weird If you turn on after it's been locked out, is a total guessing game where the light is gonna come from and what level.
If say want to use the moonlight function at night without having to keep your finger on the button you have to double tap and you might have a few thousand lumens coming out the front that was the last setting, whether you like it or not.
However It's very easily dealt with by putting the torch under your shirt or something double tapping and then tapping again.

Onto the good stuff. I've always found my standard tube light out the front torch very frustrating if I'm doing maintenance or trying to clean in tight spaces. Because the straight out the front beam just as
impractical if there some paper or plastic lying close by I may wrap it round the front.

This sofirn totally solved that problem. It's so handy at that powerful sidelight, I don't know why a person would bother with with a flashlight that didn't have that feature, it is so useful. I'm talking real world use in the daytime as well as night.

Another feature I like is the red LED which can be directly accessed with three presses which in some way mitigates the Russian roulette of turning it on from lockout. It's a nice feature to keep nightvision.

Also unexpectedly is quitte handy, hand warmer if you turn on in your pocket. To me that's a bonus for winter.

All in all, I like it because it helps me do things that I need for lighting work areas. Highly recommended. Obviously it has shortcomings, the build quality is very adequate seems solid. But generally okay

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Shiped today I'm so excited but still need a a 21700 cell which if I recall I'll order right now lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I ordered 3 21700 they say there 5500 mah vapercells I'm a bit excited Monday is the newmoonn

TPA

Enlightened
The side-light not being dimmable was a deal breaker for me. Otherwise it looks very interesting.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thought it would be here today no go. im trully excited again i love rgb so much reminds me of christmas lights so peaceful so pretty plus its a layern and a flashlights