leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
SN854600.jpg

For for info on the meaning of the inscriptions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Benedict_Medal

This one adds an entirely new layer of meaning to the "iconic Zippo"! :grin2:

Kraid

Enlightened
Here is one of mine that I've posted around before. It is as a Japanese market "N8" coated "Black Hole" Zippo Armor. Dragoncut engraved it for me with the Emerson Skull and my favorite motto. Permission was asked and recieved from Mr. E. And I'm not sure what "N8" is but it bears a striking resembalence to DLC to me.
user18675_pic13991_1235885158.jpg

user18675_pic13990_1235885158.jpg

user18675_pic13421_1234856368.jpg

Kraid

Enlightened
Show your lighters!!!

(Thanks for combining the threads! :) )

Last edited:

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Re: Show your lighters!!!

That is one badass lighter!

I've never really thought about "getting into" lighters before, but this makes me want to get one.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened

Very nice Kraid :rock:

This high polish armor chrome has been my EDC for a while now:

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened

Just ordered my first zippo after being inspired by this thread. It's a discontinued model that I ebay'd, with a pretty intense grizzly bear emblem on it. I'll post up a picture when it gets here.

I'm thinking of getting the back engraved with some kind of cool quote or saying to go along with the bear, if I can think of any good ideas.

I don't smoke or anything, but zippos are too cool to pass up.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an older Zippo lighter bearing the Kennecott Copper Corporation name.

In addition, I found several disposable lighters over the course of a few months while walking. Each contains fluid and functions fine and I've found more since taking this photo.

zippo-lighter.jpg

lighters-found.jpg

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't really have anything too special but I have about 7 or 8 zippos that I'll take a shot of when I get the chance.

Kraid

Enlightened
Here are a couple more Zippos. I like the ones with the Heavy plates on the front. The V8 is my wife's.
SN854705.jpg

SN854706.jpg

SN854707.jpg

Here are a few available inserts for the Zippo style cases. Left to right: Super Tank, Z Plus, Thunderbird.
SN854710.jpg

Like it sounds the Super Tank is a large fuel tank that goes into a stock insert with most of the cotton removed. It stores the fuel in its hollow tank and lets it seep into the remaining cotton to travel up the wick. It hold more and dries out slower than a stock insert.
SN854711.jpg

SN854712.jpg

SN854719.jpg

Most folks know the Z Plus. Standard Jet style butane drop in for the Zippo. Strong performer. Works poorly at high altitudes.
SN854713.jpg

SN854717.jpg

To me, the Thunderbird is the star. Has the same type of flame as the stock insert but its butane. So its clean and odorless. Doesn't dry up and doesn't use a wick. It releases gas whenever the hammer arm is down (open position) They make Thunderbird flints, but the Zippo flints seem to work well for me. This is what I use in any Zippo that I carry. My wife prefers the Z Plus. Neither of us smoke. :)
SN854714.jpg

SN854716.jpg

This is the Zippo fuel canister.
SN854720.jpg

It holds an extra flint and has a tool for unscrewing the flint tube.
SN854721.jpg

I keep extra wick in the cap.
SN854722.jpg

Nozzle plus air hole.
SN854723.jpg

Naptha.
SN854724.jpg

Extra credit: A current pic of my N8 Black Hole
SN854708.jpg

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kraid,

One of the features I value about the stock Zippo is its wind resistance. How does the Thunderbird insert compare?

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
I found this thread yesty and it's rekindled my interest in zippo's. I don't smoke and haven't since 1992 but I do have a tarnished old zippo that I went looking for today. Found it and refilled. It will live in my "bloke bag" from now on :D

mjones112009

Newly Enlightened
:devil: You have some very very nice Zippos on here. I just bought a Zippo for my dad, sent it as a gift. I didnt take a pic to include sorry. I designed it myself, put a Abrams tank on it along with his name since he loves tanks. It was sweet - you can design anything you want online. checkout blackzippo. its cool.

mattnificent

Newly Enlightened
Unnecessary large quote removed. One picture is all you need.
Norm

i love this lighter, as im a fan of the movie..can you give me some more info as to who you got to cnc it?

Last edited by a moderator: