Show your Sunwayman collection!

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman had glorious beginnings between 2010 and 2012, launching a full range of magnetic ring lanterns, both step and continuous variation, with excellent design and build quality. Subsequently, their lights became more conventional, abandoning magnetic rings, with common designs and anodizing.

I don't understand how current flashlight brands don't launch models with continuously variable magnetic rings, an interface that seems magical to me, as well as much more practical, intuitive and controllable than any other.

8zLWAt0.jpg

y5Gozrs.jpg

7SOJP65.jpg

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Sunwayman had glorious beginnings between 2010 and 2012, launching a full range of magnetic ring lanterns, both step and continuous variation, with excellent design and build quality.
I'm glad to still have a couple of those original V10R Ti, the titanium version. Need to get a new switch for one of them and up until a couple months ago I'd been using it as my full time daily light. What a great design and I'm glad to see them brought up again.

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't Led Lenser do this?
I think that currently the only thing similar and/or improved that is for sale is one of the various versions of the Jetbeam RRT01, because I think that the rotary HDS play in another league...

voltman

Newly Enlightened
Here are two of my favorite lights
V10R Ti's
One stock, and one customized by Shineonyoucrazydiamond in 2013. Nichia LED swap, atomic pocket clip and 3 trit custom tail cap. I believe that of the 10 in this run it is the only one with the Nichia LED.
I just happened to find my login info today after a long hiatus.
Still love flashlights but life took me away from the forums for a while.
Always was a Ti fan and tint snob. Getting back into the scene a little bit.
Is there anyone out there still doing custom or semi custom Ti/copper/brass etc. lights?
20231119_162134.jpg
20231119_161351.jpg

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice lights you got there. I wish these were still available today. There are so many nice lights that were made a long time ago that aren't available anymore.

There's definitely lots of custom brass, copper, and Ti lights but the prices are so high it's sickening or the companies only do a few runs, so scalpers like to get in on the buy and then sell for double

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
V10R Ti's
One stock, and one customized by Shineonyoucrazydiamond in 2013. Nichia LED swap, atomic pocket clip and 3 trit custom tail cap. I believe that of the 10 in this run it is the only one with the Nichia LED.
Is there anyone out there still doing custom or semi custom Ti/copper/brass etc. lights?
View attachment 52667View attachment 52668
Nice lights. I didn't know there was a CPF edition. Wish I bought a Ti version back then.

voltman

Newly Enlightened
Nice lights you got there. I wish these were still available today. There are so many nice lights that were made a long time ago that aren't available anymore.

There's definitely lots of custom brass, copper, and Ti lights but the prices are so high it's sickening or the companies only do a few runs, so scalpers like to get in on the buy and then sell for double
Thanks! I have a couple of the old 4Sevens Ti warm white Quarks and a few other Ti odds and ends as well. I remember about 8-10 years ago there seemed to be quite a few small custom makers / modders / customizers that hung around here. I was poorer then and couldn't afford much of what they were making.:( I just looked up shineonyoucrazydiamond and it seems he hasn't logged in since 2020. I hope he's still doing well.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Here are two of my favorite lights - V10R Ti's
I sold my black AlTiN one a couple years ago for a collectors price, but still have two plain V10r Ti, both with swapped warm emitters and one of them with a totally customized body making the battery tube look very much like a Haiku. Can't think of the guy's name that was doing a bunch of titanium machining for the forum, but he did a great job, including some gentle crenelations for the bezel. One of my favorite lights period, and I was using it up until a couple months ago due to the switch no longer working. Once I can get the switch fixed, I'll be using it once again.

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
As with almost everything, flashlights are also increasing in price, especially limited runs and special materials.

That V10R is very nice with tritiums, switch and custom clip. I think the V10R is one of the most special EDC flashlights by design and interface, it's a shame it disappeared from production. If, in addition to titanium, it had been made of copper or brass or steel, it would surely have also been highly appreciated.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely a shame a lot of custom makers are no longer in production. I would love to own one of those Ti V10R with tritium. Tain flashlights also had some very nice titanium runs with tritium slots
IMG_9905.jpeg

Rmb

Newly Enlightened
V10R Ti's
View attachment 52667View attachment 52668
Very nice! If you ever sell the SOYCD please message me

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Might be a dumb question but I've been out of it for awhile... is Sunwayman still in business? On batteryjunction Sunwayman comes up blank. I have two T series throwers one xm-l, one MT-G, had M40C years ago but burned it up, stripped it out and used the host for a mod.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Might be a dumb question but I've been out of it for awhile... is Sunwayman still in business? On batteryjunction Sunwayman comes up blank. I have two T series throwers one xm-l, one MT-G, had M40C years ago but burned it up, stripped it out and used the host for a mod.
Found 5 of their models for sale on Illumin.com. Though rather strange.
Was under the impression that the company was belly-up for several multiple years now.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
These are the last "New" lights they made, I got them during Black Friday 4-5 years ago.
Yeah, that's not a good sign. Those 5 models I found at that website definitely look like older ones. Perhaps New/Old stock?

Rmb

Newly Enlightened
My V10r's at one point. I've sold several since

Attachments

• IMG_4822.jpeg
    IMG_4822.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 63

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
My V10r's at one point. I've sold several since
Looks like you sent a couple to Precisionworks too. He did great work and I'll never let mine go. After having him reduce mine to 'Haiku' style body he started getting a lot of requests for that treatment.

Which ones have you held onto?