SIG SAUER FOXTROT EDC

tango44

Enlightened
Hi, today Sig Sauer launches the FOXTROT EDC lights, 18650 and 18350.
Here are some details.
https://www.sigsauer.com/foxtrot-edc-compact.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/foxtrot-edc-full-size.html

1702603229665.jpeg

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Looks interesting; happy to see it's forward-clicky w/momentary.

My reading of the somewhat vague specs is that it is single mode ? I think I'd like that.

Lengths;
1x18350: 4.1"
1x18650: 5.3"
As a comparison, my 18650 BOSS is only 4.55" long.

Also interested in country-of-origin.

Edit: I'm liking the looks of the full-size version;
Includes a pair of 18650 cells w/ USB charging ports, and the light can run off of 2xCR123 as well.

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks interesting. I'll give it some time to see some reviews and more info. I like the simplicity and look. I'll have to definitely keep an eye on this

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, today Sig Sauer launches the FOXTROT EDC lights, 18650 and 18350.
Here are some details.
https://www.sigsauer.com/foxtrot-edc-compact.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/foxtrot-edc-full-size.html

View attachment 54147

Provided information is rather skimpy, to say the very least, but I would agree they appear interesting. It would however take more info in addition to this and the brand name for me to consider them, but hopefully their marketing people will step up their game on that.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So these are just strictly for EDC purposes.
Clearly not for use with a handgun. Ridiculous how tall that clip rides up to the tailcap switch on one version. Even more ridiculous that they offer a tailcap with raised points too. What's that one for? Masochists who hate the pads of their thumbs? Talk about a company missing the mark.

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
Clearly not for use with a handgun. Ridiculous how tall that clip rides up to the tailcap switch on one version. Even more ridiculous that they offer a tailcap with raised points too. What's that one for? Masochists who hate the pads of their thumbs? Talk about a company missing the mark.
Ummm...tailstand maybe??? I kind of like that myself.

VT-light

Newly Enlightened
I'd guess the raised tailcap is to minimize the odds of accidentally activating the light, and also so the light can be stood on the tail if wanted. The light looks very well thought out to me, the main point being it's a single intensity light so the user is not fumbling with light intensity or strobing at the start of a self defense situation when the user probably needs an instant-on light with zero fumbling. I like the looks of that light a lot. I think Sig scored a bullseye with it.

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was no mention in the specs what they are made of, does anyone know if they are aluminium or plastic bodies?

Also a dual mode function would be of more use, for my needs.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ummm...tailstand maybe??? I kind of like that myself.
From a company that makes guns often carried for self-defense by both police and citizens, you'd think they'd make a flashlight (or have whichever company makes it for them) that could be used in conjunction with a handgun. Tailstanding is not a useful feature in that case. If anything, it now becomes a detriment. All I'm saying is, I'm glad SIG is blatantly advertising it as an EDC light.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'd guess the raised tailcap is to minimize the odds of accidentally activating the light, and also so the light can be stood on the tail if wanted. The light looks very well thought out to me, the main point being it's a single intensity light so the user is not fumbling with light intensity or strobing at the start of a self defense situation when the user probably needs an instant-on light with zero fumbling. I like the looks of that light a lot. I think Sig scored a bullseye with it.
That first thing is a myth. When not testing out lights for my YouTube channel, you'll find one of two lights in my left-side pants pocket. Acebeam Defender P16 Limited Edition model, or the Nitecore MH12S (current version). Both with protruding forward-clickie tailcap switches. Especially the Nitecore. And, those two are just the latest models. Vast majority of the lights I've EDCed over the last 20+ years have foward-clickie switches that stand proud of the tailcap. Accidental activation in those 20+ years of clip-carrying in a pocket = Zero.

But yeah, this light is not for a self-defense encounter. Strictly an EDC light. Any sort of mundane lighting chore where you can take your sweet time pulling the light from your pocket. As opposed to being out late at night, you see something out the corner of your eye, you legitimately think it's a probable threat. Your heart starts beating, blood pumping faster, you get an adrenaline dump! You reach for your flashlight to absolutely determine if it's a threat, while putting your hand on your concealed carry pistol without drawing it.... And you realize your fine motor skills are gone, along with having literally nothing to grab onto in order to use your gross motor skills to pull the light out of your pocket.

As a strictly EDC light, it's perfectly fine. Bit weird that a company like SIG wouldn't make an actual tactical light. But okay. Perfectly fine for EDC purposes. If it was marketed strictly as a tactical light, the design would be an absolute joke. And, far from a funny one.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
EDC - one brightness level - 18350 "up to" 1 hour runtime, 18650 "up to" 1.5 hour runtime? - in this day and age? Ehhh ... not for me.

Who needs 1350 lumens every time you turn on your EDC, and crap for runtime? Nah.

tango44

Enlightened
The fact that you don´t like it does not make it useless, plenty of people will like the clip and the tailcap!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The fact that you don´t like it does not make it useless, plenty of people will like the clip and the tailcap!
I like the Chevy Corvette. Doesn't mean it's the best vehicle out there for commuting to work in all types of weather. Sunny days, mild rain, massive thunder storms, snow, hurricane-like weather. Nor is it remotely ideal as a family hauler with its limited 2-seat capacity.

This flashlight has nothing to do with whether or not I like it or if others will like it. I gave legitimate reasons why this light from SIG is a ridiculous failure as a tactical light.... and gave praise to SIG for not marketing it as one. Again, as simply an EDC light, it's perfectly good for mundane lighting chores.

I gave legit reasons as to the issues with this light for actual tactical purposes. Meanwhile you're over here talking about whether or not folks will LIKE it. I'm sure many of them will.... Same way I like the Corvette.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Is it made in USA?
SIG's Foxtrot weapon-lights have an uncanny family resemblance to some of Streamlight's offerings. But initial investigation into this hand-held model is only showing SIG itself as the manufacturer.... Though that doesn't mean that they haven't contracted out the work to a 3rd party flashlight maker. One that may or may not be based in China. Jury is still out on that.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The FOXTROT-EDC™ Ships with Two Tailcaps, 1 Crowned Tailcap & 1 Standard Tailcap.
Yup, and that makes zero sense. Standard for most folks. Crowned for masochists who hate their thumbs! Seriously, what a missed golden opportunity. Should have shipped with the standard tailcap for those who want an EDC light that is as low-profile carry in a pants pocket as possible. And, a taller tailcap switch for those who may need to press this light into service as a tactical one during their off-hours. Go even further and make the switch on that tailcap into an e-switch with momentary-on the highest setting ONLY.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
That first thing is a myth. When not testing out lights for my YouTube channel, you'll find one of two lights in my left-side pants pocket. Acebeam Defender P16 Limited Edition model, or the Nitecore MH12S (current version). Both with protruding forward-clickie tailcap switches. Especially the Nitecore. And, those two are just the latest models. Vast majority of the lights I've EDCed over the last 20+ years have foward-clickie switches that stand proud of the tailcap. Accidental activation in those 20+ years of clip-carrying in a pocket = Zero.

Uhhh...what? Somebody tell that to the lights with forward clickies that have turned on in my pocket over the years, they haven't gotten the memo.