• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

KFE

Newly Enlightened
Re: PROTOTYPE: Killer Ti Keychain Light

Woaa, that looks like a very nice little light...

...okay, count me in for 1 as well :D

gjg

Enlightened

Fred: If this is intended for use as a true keychain light, any thoughts in having it Titanium Nitrided, or some variation of? I've seem coated Ti Draco's looking good after a year on a keychain.... But I have NO idea on how much cost or complexity that will add to your process, I am guessing since it would be outsourced, cost could add up quickly. Just a thought. Flame anodizing is cool, but I think would end up looking crappy quickly if in contact with keys. I'd keep it as an option. I'd rather have bare satin Ti and just let it "weather" with the keys if I carry it that way, or anodizing, or better yet PVD Coating!!!
Just my $0.02,
Greg

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened

I'm in for one if it's under $100 and bare titanium.

-Ed

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fred: If this is intended for use as a true keychain light, any thoughts in having it Titanium Nitrided, or some variation of? I've seem coated Ti Draco's looking good after a year on a keychain.... But I have NO idea on how much cost or complexity that will add to your process, I guessing since it would be outsourced cost could add up quickly. Just a thought. Flame anodizing is cool, but I think would end up looking crappy quickly if in contact with keys. I'd keep it as an option, I'd rather have bare satin Ti and just let it "weather" with the keys if I carry it that way.
Just my $0.02,
Greg

I think that it wouldn't add any complexity to the project, other than having to keep track of who wanted what. As for cost, yes, that would be a consideration, but it isn't that expensive to have such small pieces done. However, adding this option, at this time, only complicates life for me, so I think I'd rather just concentrate on getting these done in Ti, perhaps with anodizing, perhaps not. Of course, anodizing these opens up another can of worms--which color(s) to offer. :devil:

I'll deal with the color selection issue later, once I get some bodies back from a machine shop.

If there were to be a follow-on build of these, then I think that offering a variety of PVD coatings would be an excellent idea.

ShortArc

Enlightened

Count me in for one!
Thanks.:thumbsup: (Bare Ti)

Last edited:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

olrac, you have a custom light addiction!

Is it possible that this is the smallest keychain light ever produced? It looks great!

I never thought I would say it, but it's a "little" brother for my Wee Da. :crackup:

Oh and I can stop anytime I want to:whistle:........I just don't want to:devil:

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Please count me in for a second one.

And this one please "nackisch" - means bare Ti and nothing else.

Thanks
Greetings
Olaf

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Count me in for 1 please. I´d prefer bare ti as well.

Will "Killer Ti Keychain Light" be the official name :sick2: :)?

Eric

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Count me in for 1 please. I´d prefer bare ti as well.

Will "Killer Ti Keychain Light" be the official name :sick2: :)?

Eric

I must admit that "Killer Ti Keychain Light" was not really intended to be the 'name' of the light--merely a descriptive tag to explain what the prototype was about.

So, maybe we need some suggestions, no? I think, griff referred to it in an e-mail as "Killa", which I kind of like, so I'll throw that out to start a list:

Possible names for the Killer Ti Keychain Light:
  • The Killa
And, oh, while I'm at it. What do you think of this version? You know I'm a sucker for these dimples. :crackup:

killav2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must admit that "Killer Ti Keychain Light" was not really intended to be the 'name' of the light--merely a descriptive tag to explain what the prototype was about.
Well, "Killer Ti Keychain Light" is certainly a bit long but not bad at all :grin2:
I´d still prefer The Killa though.

And, oh, while I'm at it. What do you think of this version? You know I'm a sucker for these dimples. :crackup:
A must, these add so much to the overall design! I really like them.

Eric

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic

Bare titanium scratches kind of easily and I think some kind of hard coating would be a win, but I'll go along with whatever.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

So, maybe we need some suggestions, no? I think, griff referred to it in an e-mail as "Killa", which I kind of like, so I'll throw that out to start a list:

Possible names for the Killer Ti Keychain Light:

• The Killa

killav2-1.jpg

I'm not a fan of dimples (well on women they look cute :grin2:) so I vote for no dimples. I would like it it simple. Will you offer different designs?