• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sinner Customs - Tri-EDC's and more - this run CLOSED

greenadam29

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sinner Customs - Tri-EDC's and more.

Totally thought he was in the US because he offers priorty shipping thats tracked and insured for $16. Not bad at all for international if it is.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

Totally thought he was in the US because he offers priorty shipping thats tracked and insured for $16. Not bad at all for international if it is.

Thats what I thought as well when I saw the priority, but still wasn't sure. I'd love to buy a Sinner light someday.
The more I see his work the more I want one, but dealing with customs just sucks. Especially if you have a package sitting at the Chicago IC facility for a month.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats what I thought as well when I saw the priority, but still wasn't sure. I'd love to buy a Sinner light someday.
The more I see his work the more I want one, but dealing with customs just sucks. Especially if you have a package sitting at the Chicago IC facility for a month.

mine came in really fast, and no customs delays at all.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

I'm sure Sinner has every intention of getting his lights to customers in a timely fashion, it's just customs that usually F things up for me. I guess I'm just unlucky like that..
Regardless of my thoughts on customs, I realize that those hard working people have a job to do and they have to deal with thousands of packages a day so I can only imagine what a gig with that kind of logistics is like.

That being said, when I get the bread, I'm still gonna order me some of Sinners lights because quality,craftsmanship and design just look too damn good to pass up!

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened

working on a few lights and took some photos, here's some with the Ti clip installed as requested.

vbWOZcc.jpg

nEDlOIF.jpg

oofBb0H.jpg

gktii

Enlightened

Ooooh! i think that copper one might be mine! Yoohoo!! :twothumbs

PS09

Enlightened

Great job Sinner!! Both lights look very,very nice!!!!!!! I think that a Tri-EDC in copper will be my next order!

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened

I was also of the impression that i sold the Ti 18350 hosts a lot more, but i have more copper orders lately as a matter of fact I'm dispatching 20 orders tomorrow and half of them are copper..

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

Are you using different screws for the clips now? I've only seen the Phillips head screws used on your lights before.

lights are looking great Sinner! Can't wait to buy a few!

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened

Only the first few sample SS clip "A" used the Phillips head screws, the rest of them has button head hexagonal socket.
Edit: I should mention that all the pocket clips currently available use button head hex screws, including the SS - Clip A.

Last edited:

oneinthaair

Enlightened

Got my Sinner light in today.

As far as I can tell its a great light, nice floody beam, nice solid click from the switch. I got mine second hand, got a good deal so I couldn't pass it up.

And here's the break down

Only complaints so far are the optics are not centered. Not sure if it just mine, or when the last owner heat treated the bezel but it's not centered

There is a gap between the bottom of the head and body

No gap at the top

Other then these two things the fit and finish is out standing!

recDNA

Flashaholic

How is the beam affected by the off center optic?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might wanna see if the MCPCB is placed in the center of the pill..
Happened to me to the extent that i couldn't screw the pill in at all & i thought have damaged the threading.

Some of the difference that i noticed between my Cu & Ti host are the tail cap assembly & the inner diameter of the bezel opening.
I'll take some photos later to show...

Megatrowned

Enlightened

By chance, does anyone have any beam shots of the XPL Tri, both domed and de-domed? I don't have any experience with the XPL. Does it suffer from color separation like the XML, or not so much behind an optic?

I ask because I'm seriously considering one of these, and my preferred led has been XPG's so far.

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened

@oneintheair: It is indeed the first of few samples i made earlier this year, the production model (Current) uses a different technique for self-centering optics.

oneinthaair

Enlightened

You might wanna see if the MCPCB is placed in the center of the pill..
Happened to me to the extent that i couldn't screw the pill in at all & i thought have damaged the threading.

Some of the difference that i noticed between my Cu & Ti host are the tail cap assembly & the inner diameter of the bezel opening.
I'll take some photos later to show...

Ok I did take it back apart and centered the optics. Much better now. It was my fault for sure.
As far as the "head gap" lol the head does fit flush on the other side as well as the tail cap fits flush on that side, but on the other side the tail and head have a gap so I believe it's in the body and not the head or tail.

Latest posts