SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Thanks kreisl. Ordered (another) one from NKON who openly advertises they are selling versions with FW 1.11.

I took it from your post (#3552) above that those units now shipping with FW1.11. are the latest (final) production version with ALL the fixes/minor changes mentioned in that excellent post incorporated into them, and in particular, that the units now shipping with FW1.11 have the new and most important upper plastic case on them. This means that the only way to be sure you are getting the latest unit with the new upper plastic case is to make sure you are getting one that ships with FW1.11.

Thanks again for your great work.

google term < skyrc "1.11" mc3000 > should work by now ;)

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks kreisl. Ordered (another) one from NKON who openly advertises they are selling versions with FW 1.11.

I took it from your post (#3552) above that those units now shipping with FW1.11. are the latest (final) production version with ALL the fixes/minor changes mentioned in that excellent post incorporated into them, and in particular, that the units now shipping with FW1.11 have the new and most important upper plastic case on them. This means that the only way to be sure you are getting the latest unit with the new upper plastic case is to make sure you are getting one that ships with FW1.11.
ALL changes incorporated = let's call it the 'June-production'.

Yes, it is confirmed info that that dealer has exclusively the June-production in stock, so yours has ALL changes incorporated.
(…) Just saying, the real question is not which FW version one (not you!) receives from a seller but which FW version was delivered to the seller from the factory. One could inquire about it with one's preferred local dealer. Btw, FW1.10 was not a public download, so that would be 100% proof of June-production.

Feel free to share your FW version and serial number :thumbsup:

maukka

Enlightened

My MC3000 from nkon is FW 1.10 and S/N 000978966. In my earlier post I said it was 1.11 but I accidentally checked the older one which I updated myself...

C7NrTDl.jpg

Last edited:

maukka

Enlightened

Btw, one feature I miss from the earlier firmwares is the possibility to accept settings in the Info Message view before the charger returns to the TOV. So I go to the SPV after inserting a cell and choose my settings, long press enter and now I have to wait until the charger has returned from the Using [10] to the PROGRAM[12] view. Before I could press enter right after exiting the programming and it would start the program immediately. Two seconds wasted now unless I set up the Info message to OFF.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Directly starting a program when long-pressing ENTER on any program option in/during SPV, i.e. long-press ENTER in SPV ≡ Save[XX]&ReturntoTOVwithnoIMV&Start[XX], i can't remember when we had that in the firmware… maybe in 1.02 or even earlier? iirc 1.03 was identical to 1.11 in this regard.
The Info Message View was meant for beginners. Easy guess, proficient:sweat:users like the firmware development team members don't use it, but squirrel me uses it with the 2sec default waiting time and likes it hh.

Is the situation okay now for you with Info Message set to OFF, or would you miss the IMV in other instances?

Last edited:

maukka

Enlightened

Yeah, I had the 1.02 fw previously. Missed the 1.03 update when it was taken offline and didn't bother. No need for the info message i guess.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

so nobody noticed anything in one of the 6 frames animated gif on the LCD?

:santa:

Indeed yes, I take your point here kreisl. A dealer other than NKON could update the firmware to v1.11 themselves using the publicly-available download update file. And then one would not know what firmware version came DELIVERED from the factory on the unit - unless one asked and was honestly answered. This matters because it is the DELIVERED (from factory to seller) firmware version, when it is v1.11, which is the only certain indication we have of a June (= latest = ALL changes incorporated) production version.

ALL changes incorporated = let's call it the 'June-production'. (…) Just saying, the real question is not which FW version one (not you!) receives from a seller but which FW version was delivered to the seller from the factory. One could inquire about it with one's preferred local dealer. Btw, FW1.10 was not a public download, so that would be 100% proof of June-production.

Feel free to share your FW version and serial number :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes you totally got it right :thumbsup:

fw 1.10 and 1.11 delivered from factory to seller are June-production with identical final hardware.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do the 2 LCD's mirror the same contents? :D

compare left to right in SETUP :devil:

Last edited:

Looks like "Hide RAM" is NO on the LHS and YES on RHS.

From which I take it that charging RAM batteries is off ("HIDE RAM = YES") by default in the latest (= v1.11) Firmware.

My First production version (bought Dec 2015 which still is fine and has no broken pins etc, BTW) has been updated to FW 1.11 by me and it shows "HIDE RAM = YES" and I can't change that. I seem to recall something about getting a special code from SkyRC to unlock that.

Do the 2 LCD's mirror the same contents? :D

compare left to right in SETUP :devil:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

very good, correct!

the code is 3 buttons pressing at same time in SETUP.

there are 8 buttons. how many possibilities exist to pick 3 different buttons hhh

Is that code written in the latest manual version 1.10 somewhere? I admit I have not read the latest version page-by-page!

very good, correct!

the code is 3 buttons pressing at same time in SETUP.

there are 8 buttons. how many possibilities exist to pick 3 different buttons hhh

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
not written in manual because it's secret :sssh:

but if people find out, they can share on forums np :rolleyes:

only works from v1.10 on