SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

MarioJP

Enlightened
Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

One thing i do not like about FW 1.13 and not sure if its a bug. In Eneloop type. The first timer no longer counts once in resting mode/trickle charge and only the total timer is counting.. The fw before used to have it where the timers were separated one for total time charging and the other for resting/trickle charge. I find that very useful. Now the 1st timer just resets back to 0 and stays there once the main current is done.

I hope this gets fix. Like i said. I find that very useful lol.

MarioJP

Enlightened

I think they are referring to being supported on the next firmware update 1.14 as I now see lto on the description on sky website. So it is for sure coming. Now speaking of firmware. I hope the issue i stated previously gets fixed? *fingers crossed* lol.

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Skyrc.com (non-technician) gave a photo charger with LTO. I am very disappointed and sad from lying.
:(

BR,

There's a big difference between lying and speaking an untruth, if the person didn't know any better. Who knows, might well have been an honest mistake, probably was since nothing would be gained by outright lying.

MarioJP

Enlightened

Question. Do you guys use the USB out to charge your phones or tablets? While this is a nice feature to have as you don't need to use another outlet to charge your phone or tablet, i could see this posing a serious risk to the charger if one is not careful, like by a small chance that the other end of the usb cable accidentally touches the - or + while the cable is connected. Just curious if there is any short circuit protection on the main usb out. Either way, definitely going to be very careful with this since cables have their mind of their own of where it lands. So as a rule of thumb, always plug the device first and disconnect last. Am i over thinking this or a good catch?

Thanks lol.

marco.sg

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys

i just bought the MC3000 from GB, does anyone have Bluetooth issue with this unit?

Mine is the one with 2 fans at the back.

My unit the Bluetooth will just die after sometime and I have to restart the unit to get Bluetooth function back.

Before the Bluetooth die, I use the BLE scanner found in Apple Store to scan, there is a device call charger which I believe is the MC3000. After the Bluetooth die no such device is found by the App.

I'm using the lastest 11.2.5 iOS.

Is there a bug in the Bluetooth or mine is having a hardware issue? Does anyone have this problem?

Please help...

Thanks.

marco

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I'm having a terrible time finding this charger. I wanted to use GB because it sounds like they have the latest version with dual fans, 3 pins on the tabs, etc.

Where can I find these newer versions? It's sold out everywhere i look(including GB)

Beckler

Enlightened
MC3000 vs C4

This is the first charger I've seen that might compare to MC3000

http://www.isdt.co/c4.html

Thoughts? Or maybe there's a third one that I don't know of. I'm just looking for the best multi-slot, all chemistry type charger on the market.

hc900

Newly Enlightened
Re: MC3000 vs C4

Hard to compare this charger with the MC3000 that don't have color LCD, but can use C size and D size battery (and please note: only 2 D size batteries!)

sbj

Newly Enlightened

Do not be fooled by the colorful display. It can only show one slot at a time.
The charger has e.g. no memories.
The battery slots are not length variable, because they have no sliders. I assume, that many protected cells will not fit. This is a no go!
icon8.gif

LloydV

Newly Enlightened

Do not be fooled by the colorful display. It can only show one slot at a time.
The charger has e.g. no memories.
The battery slots are not length variable, because they have no sliders. I assume, that many protected cells will not fit. This is a no go!
icon8.gif

and only two 18650s at a time...

looks great, though.

Dubalgan

Newly Enlightened
So any ideas on where to go to be SURE to get the LATEST - two cooling fans, three raised points on positive terminal - VERSION of the MC3000?

Hello,
This is my first post. I just subscribe because I am waiting to receive a SkyRC MC3000. I bought it at nkon.nl.

To answer your question I told them :
"Hello,
About my order no xxxx, please could you check to send me the latest version of the SkyRC MC3000 : two cooling fans and three rounded points on positive terminal.
I am only interested by the latest version.

Thank you
Regards"

And they answer to me :

"Hi,

That is the only version we have in stock. We checked them all.

Regards"

I don't know where you live but mine will be shipped to France.

sim_v

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
This is my first post. I just subscribe because I am waiting to receive a SkyRC MC3000. I bought it at nkon.nl.

nkon seams to offer a very good price. I've bought a Powerex c9000 from him. Good price, No problem.
I'm french too.

In the following french section I ask Dubalgan to share his review of MC3000 in the oldest discussion thread about batteries.

Dubalgan : si tu pouvais partager ton avis sur HFR ( https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/electroniquedomotiquediy/divers/unique-chargeur-accus-sujet_8_766.htm ), ce serait vraiment cool.
Le MC3000 me fait de l'oeil depuis le début !

Hi

I just ordered one from NKON - they have the latest version. They also have great service - I got my previous version MC3000 from NKON too.

Hello,

To answer your question I told them :
"Hello,
About my order no xxxx, please could you check to send me the latest version of the SkyRC MC3000 : two cooling fans and three rounded points on positive terminal.
I am only interested by the latest version.

Thank you
Regards"

And they answer to me :

"Hi,

That is the only version we have in stock. We checked them all.

Regards"

I don't know where you live but mine will be shipped to France.

tjh

Enlightened
Wow, great to see this thread still going.
I still have my original MC3000! Version 1.0 I guess, I had to do the fan mod (I cut all the grills off)
It's tarnished up really badly now, but still no broken springs thankfully.

Good to know when it does snap one (and I guess it's only a matter of time) the new ones have a lot of great little modifications and enhacements.

Hey everyone just buying one now, I was happy to be your guinea pig ;-)