SkyRC NC2600???

Rimlyanin

Newly Enlightened
People who don't want to worry about battery safety, deep discharge issues, protected vs unprotected cells etc.
or those who use devices for such batteries, for example, photoflash (sppedlite)

megawolf

Newly Enlightened
if you need answers - ask questions

1- The fan blows up or down?
2- If you disable trickle charge on the app and the charger is turned off and on (disconnect and reconnect the power) and set the mode and charge current, is trickle charge activated again or stays deactivated?
3- Is there a way to disable the stupid top off charge? Or the charger don't use it when it terminates on -dv/dt?

Thanks!

Rimlyanin

Newly Enlightened
1- The fan blows up or down?
in my text review about SkyRC NC2600 there is a photo
3ec1b2dd58_original.jpg

As far as I can see, down

2- If you disable trickle charge on the app and the charger is turned off and on (disconnect and reconnect the power) and set the mode and charge current, is trickle charge activated again or stays deactivated?
now I installed four a very old and very much used (a few years in the DECT phone) eneloop to mode Break-in
after I'm done, I'll be able to check.
please specify what and how I'll have to check
I have new and old eneloop batteries (and other low self discharge batteries) to verify

3- Is there a way to disable the stupid top off charge? Or the charger don't use it when it terminates on -dv/dt?
in my text review about SkyRC NC2600 there i write:
On smartphone app:
Trickle Current: off, 10-50mA
please specify what and how I'll have to check

megawolf

Newly Enlightened
So because there is people that is not interested in this charger means that no body should? :thinking:. I haven't checked but do this people say the same about the maha c9000, Opus BT-C2400, La Crosse BC etc. oh wait this may be the kind of people who "think" that every body should use what they use because..... They are Pros? Cool? :banghead:

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Rimlyanin, another paid Russian reviewer invasion? ;)

From the practical standpoint, this charger appears to be silly designed - why needs such advanced features, but only for NiCD/NiMH ?

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
here my quick thoughts.
let's be blunt. everything that this charger can do, could also be done with mc3000 charger. but the latter needs more time to get used to. so the nc2600 is a price-effective alternative for ppl who don't want to fork out 10$ more for the mc3000 charger because they also don't need lithium-ion charging.

or this way, whoever liked the nc2500 should really like the nc2600 because the new version is an improved version. most notably regarding the 'mechanics' like construction (bigger fan, noiseless, kick stand, ventilation slots, insertion/removal of battery) and looks (color scheme) but also regarding electronics (circuitry, layout) and firmware (rewritten from scratch).

regarding firmware updates, this charger will afaik mostly accommodate firmware updates only for killing bugs and not for adding notable new functionality. the performance, functionality and specs (Technische Daten) are based on and the result of the so-called design specification. the design specification is an internal fixed old (1yr) document, a set of maybe 3-5 sheets of paper in Chinese language :candle:, which defines the target state (SOLL-Zustand) of the end product from the very beginning (beginning of what? ;) ), so that design engineers and electrical engineers can start designing the product from zilch or redesigning from nc2500. usually one cannot, or one does not, change the design specification retroactively. the R&D department gets the design specification and months later outcomes the product. if the shopper does not like what he sees, namely the actual state (IST-Zustand) of the end product, then he can move on because the product is the direct result of the design specification and it is unlikely that the design specification will be altered. An altered design specification would result in another new model, say the nc2700 and so on.

i heard that the nc2500 became very popular in Japan for some fortunate reason in the RC hobby scene. its popularity motivated sky, the designer and manufacturer of nc2500, to work on the improved nc2600 model 1 year ago. however now with the mc3000 on the market it is rather unclear if shoppers, including myself, didn't prefer to spend the extra 10$ to get the joyful ;) one instead.

i don't have the nc2600 on order yet. meanwhile i am perfectly satisfied and happy with my latest MC3000 unit.

Well done and fair review, thanks for your efforts!! :thumbsup:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rimlyanin, another paid Russian reviewer invasion? ;)

From the practical standpoint, this charger appears to be silly designed - why needs such advanced features, but only for NiCD/NiMH ?

Yeah. Reminds me whacking nails with GPS-enabled, laser pointed, optically aimed super-hammer :)

If I needed a charger, I'd look at it... and buy MC3000.

Last edited:

Rimlyanin

Newly Enlightened

I have a lot photoflash, they need a lot of AA batteries, here is my recent purchase https://youtu.be/vUmGbVs2n0c

Just for example, look this photo (18+!):
https://500px.com/photo/160514139/venus-de-milo-in-ropes-ii-by-roman-tsupka

Four flash units were used in two soft boxes, four AA battery in each. A total of sixteen batteries used to make this photo.
And sometimes, under intensive photoshooting, needs to charge discharged set of the battery quickly, while running second set.

Also it is necessary to charge over night, all the batteries, therefore, I have different chargers,
Cheaper chargers can only charge.

But batteries required not only to charge, but to serve them:
- check the internal resistance
- check the capacity
- pick up kits of the same capacity and internal resistance
because set of the batteries working for as long as it works the worst in this set.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice teardown there,
thanks for another great video on your vast youtube channel! ��

Ferdinando

Newly Enlightened
recently I got one
my first impression compared to NC2500:

- better insertion / removal of batteries from slots
- silent fan
- Bluetooth connection uses the MC3K method
- iPhone app still log even if minimized
(i.e. you can use other apps on your smartphone while logging, you don't lost the plots when switch back to NC2600 app.
This very important from my personal point of view.)

my preference still remain on NC2500 only for estetic (I like the red/black combination)

Last edited: