• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SL2c (Must Have)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just noting a practical point about about the SL2 (full size) triple that I have. I can run it less than a minute on high due to the heat. I can run it continuously only at 30%, and even then it is very hot, but I can hold it.

If you just want to flash it, go for the quad. But if you want to use it, stick with the triple, because I know it couldn't maintain even 30% continuously with a quad.

My experience is at room temperature in Florida. Runtimes in Canada during January may be longer.
;)

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
Just noting a practical point about about the SL2 (full size) triple that I have. I can run it less than a minute on high due to the heat. I can run it continuously only at 30%, and even then it is very hot, but I can hold it.

If you just want to flash it, go for the quad. But if you want to use it, stick with the triple, because I know it couldn't maintain even 30% continuously with a quad.

My experience is at room temperature in Florida. Runtimes in Canada during January may be longer.
;)

Yea I agree about that. I have the SL2 in triple and I stupidly didn't get the driver in it. So it only has high mode. And that thing gets seriously hot. I haven't times it but it's heats up real quick. I did end up getting the quad SL2c with the driver this time but I am looking for this to be a "show". :)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

;)

Ok, cool, thanks for the info. I was leaning triple and it seemed the quad may have a little bare spot in the middle. do you know of the output dif on high?

harryk387

Newly Enlightened
Vinh are you still making Triple XPG-2 on these? I am trying to decide what combination I want for this light before i pull the trigger. Looking to replace my D25Cvn V3 XPL 5700k. Basically want more output, more throw and flood but around the same color tint of my D25cvn. What do you guys say would be the best option to get for this light for those needs.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need clarification. Below is a pic with 219c on left and XP-L on right.

1) what are the Rings around each optic of the XP-L

2) why is the 219c so much brighter even though it does not have those override type wires attached to neither the head or tail Springs like on the XP-L setup.

Love the 219c tint!

b5ab42c710b1eb9ed1cda7ebef4ed3ba.jpg

harryk387

Newly Enlightened
Hey Tixx, thanks for the reply. Seeing as you have both the triple XPL and the triple Nichia 219c, would you mind taking some quick beamshots of the two? Just aiming it in your backyard or something?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tixx, thanks for the reply. Seeing as you have both the triple XPL and the triple Nichia 219c, would you mind taking some quick beamshots of the two? Just aiming it in your backyard or something?

Now I think my previous picture shows something may be effecting the beam of my XP-L version so I don't think it would be a proper representation unfortunately. And I don't understand why my 219c is noticeably brighter than the XP-L. I think I would be misleading you.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I can say is if you don't need a super low low like sub lumen then this 219c is a winner with a fat and yet solid hot spot. Do you have a stock olight s1? I want to compare the beam of those instead. I believe the issue is with my XP-L and why I would rather do that comparison.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
That works. Just wanna see what the output and beam tint looks like.
Just for beam here (not output) . Camera just shifted a little, lights were in exact same spot and picture was exact same distance.

Olight s1 4000k
b6781de5e03b08e5d92ff2e813a9ef91.jpg

SLC2vn 219c
39c91aa3b6dee4ffa18558e291ec388b.jpg

harryk387

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that Tixx. The 219c looks like pure white. Any chance you'd be able to take some output pics? I definitely want this light just trying to decide whether I want to go with the triple 219c, triple XPG2, or triple XPL. Looking for most flood, but can still throw a good amount.

hazza

Newly Enlightened
No triple is going to be particularly throwy. XP-G2 produces a large blob hotspot, but doesn't spill too much (in my experience). XP-L gives huge flood and only a slight hotspot in the middle. More lumens than XP-G2, but they are more spread out. I would say that XP-L is best for close range and XP-G2 is probably the most throwy of any triple, but it's a great all rounder tbh. I can't speak to 219C or dedomed XP-L I'm afraid.

huffman.matthew

Newly Enlightened
No triple is going to be particularly throwy. XP-G2 produces a large blob hotspot, but doesn't spill too much (in my experience). XP-L gives huge flood and only a slight hotspot in the middle. More lumens than XP-G2, but they are more spread out. I would say that XP-L is best for close range and XP-G2 is probably the most throwy of any triple, but it's a great all rounder tbh. I can't speak to 219C or dedomed XP-L I'm afraid.
Thanks for that explanation... All these forums are like information overload [emoji106]

harryk387

Newly Enlightened
i'd love to see some more beamshots comparing triple XPL, triple XPG2 and triple nichia 219 to help with my decision. Right now leaning more towards triple XPG2 just because some extra throw is always nice, but want to make sure i still get some good flood out of it as well.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd love to see some more beamshots comparing triple XPL, triple XPG2 and triple nichia 219 to help with my decision. Right now leaning more towards triple XPG2 just because some extra throw is always nice, but want to make sure i still get some good flood out of it as well.

So between the XP-L and 219c, you would need to go with the 219c for more throw and a tighter hot spot. Now I can't compare with an XPG2 though.