Small powerful Headlamp - 1xXML2, 1x18650 li-ion

sirpetr

Newly Enlightened
Here is it with 3d printed front part. This one will be injection moulded on final parts. There are still small changes that needs to be made to fit perfectly.
Screw would be stainless steel allen screws, I temporarily used these because I did not have 5mm size available.

Testing runtimes, everything seems fine. Maybe we make bigger difference between LOW(215 lumens) and MID (425 lumens) modes because the change its not so recognizable.

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.15.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.16.jpg

sirpetr

Newly Enlightened
Recent photos. Slight upgrade on battery tube. Caps are now hexagonal instead of circular ones. Its much easier to manipulate with them. Threading is much better, I am convinced that it cannot be done on a mill better. There is also new surface finish - shot peened. I am quite happy with it and real life experience is much better than these pics. Surface is uniform, without any milling marks and still very smooth. On last photos there is comparison before and after on a headlamp model Lucifer M. Whole tube is gonna be black anodized, maybe also with laser marked logo.

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.17.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.18.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.19.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.20.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.21.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.22.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.23.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.24.jpg

SmallPowerfulHeadlamp.25.jpg

Last edited:

samsavvas

Newly Enlightened
Hi Candlelighters,
I've just received Petr's Lucifer 'S' model, supplied to me via direct post to Australia with a couple of high quality batteries and a very nice single-cell USB charger. I'm blown away by the very obvious quality of design and construction. I've previously used a Petzl Tikka XP2 and a locally made Spikelight V4. The Petzl is a great little light and very useful, but it is what it is and is limited in terms of power & range. The Spikelight is an over-the-top outstanding bit of kit, but to be frank, it's far more than I need most of the time. I bought it a few years ago when they were first available because I wanted the very powerful 4 deg 'spot' beam for looking for owls and other nocturnal bush animals at night. For what it is the Spikelight is extremely compact but it's slightly awkward around the camp and sometimes a bit bright for other campers! The Lucifer S looks like it's going to be perfect for general camping and for running and bush walking. It's very comfortable and secure on the head and dead easy to operate. Every component just oozes quality. I plan to use it extensively in the bush later this month and if anyone is interested will write a bit of a review. Sam.