Smallest tool with most things?

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Hey guys, im looking for something to carry on my keychain to accompany my P1D. I want something that will actually be useful but yet it has to be under 2.5". I want something that has pliers, blade, bottle opener, flat head and phillips screwdrivers, and a ruler. Ive been looking at the Squirts or the Juices but I cant find the specifications and lengths of them. Anyone have any suggestions?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sizes are shown in the leatherman's site. Squirt (5.75cm) would be the smallest.

znaps

Newly Enlightened
I have a small multitool called a sebertool. I'll bet it's just what you want. You can check it out here:
http://www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/seber/seber4.html

This is an old web site, although the tool is still available, currently badged as an IDL T10. My experience with it was mixed.

Sometime last year I had ordered one partly because it was US made, according to the ad. When it arrived I was greatly disappointed to find it made in China__not that I have anything against the Chinese, but I really hate to see manufacturing disappear from our shores.

Fit and finish were okay, not up to Leatherman Squirt P4 standard, but serviceable (I can only guess whether or not the US version was better made.) All implements lock, but not with complete confidence-inspiring security. This doesn't seem to be a problem, though, because of the nature of small tasks that are all they can handle, anyway (just be careful.) Plier jaws are blunt, which some folks like, but for my usual multitool purposes, I prefer needle nose.

After a week or so of fooling with it, my concusion is that overall, the P4 is a better option, worth the additional money.

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Went ahead and purchased a P4 locally. Im suprised by how small this thing is. Quality is top notch also. Very useful, its smaller than my car key!

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Ive broken a sebertool m4, and a gerber clutch, i went on a bit of a quest to find the ultimate mini multitool, with pliers, i settled on the squirt p4 and a sog crossgrip, as the two best ones made, and the sog was better built and stronger designed.

Blackbeard

Enlightened
Checkout the Victorinox Midnight Minichamp..I think it has the most implements for a keychain tool and has a light and pen(very handy)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
WalMart has a small multitool that has everything you want, including scissors and a saw. It's right at 2.5 inches long and a bit thicker than a Micra. Not super quality, but I think it was about $6. You'll find it in the fishing section.

Geoff

Styerman

Newly Enlightened
Small pliers aren't really that usefull , hardly any torgue / cutting capability . That goes doubly for small investment cast pliers , which also break easily - truly miniturized past the point of utility !

I would rather have a Minichamp than any of the mini plierbased offerings .

Chris