Smallest way to get about 1-2K lumens?

nleahcim

Newly Enlightened
Hi - I'm looking for the smallest (in terms of physical dimensions)/most efficient way to get about 100-2000 lumens of neutral white light. Right now I'm thinking 3 Cree MC-Es. For optics - I'm thinking I'll use three Ledil boom reflectors arranged in a triangle. The three of them would then have a glass/lexan/something clear sheet in front of them shielding them from the elements, and the entire thing'd be enclosed in a milled round aluminum tube. The LEDs would be mounted on these MCPCBs from Cutter. The backs of the MCPCBs would be thermal epoxied to a part of the aluminum enclosure.

My plan was to get the MCPCBs and reflectors from Cutter. Is there a stateside source for these things?

I should mention, this is for a bicicyle light.

How does this plan sound? Are there better ways to do this?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Not sure you could do it much smaller than THIS.

Basically exactly what you have in mind. By the time you build a custom enclosure, buy the LEDs, etc. I don't think you could do it for much less money, and this would probably be nicer and more durable.

If necessary, you could separate the head and body of the mag light to make it easier to mount to your bike.

Last edited: