• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SMJLED PR Bulbs In Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooper

Enlightened
I found what may be a perfect host for the 3+ cell version. A Rayovac "Kid's Adventure Lantern", or something like that. It's a 4AA plastic lantern that comes with a PR incandescent bulb....

COMMANDR

Enlightened
2 SMJLED with PR base
2 SMJLED Kits for 2AA cell flashlights

Just received and installed in a new 2c Mag. I can not believe the diference, the intensity and color is far superior to the incandescent but with fewer artifacts. This almost puts my Diamond 3Watt 3D Mag to shame. Starting to upgrade my Mini Mags now, I expect the same great results. Super and easy upgrading mod, and thanks for the fast service.

buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just dropping back in to say that the PR SMJLED, along with the new reflectored X1 have been my favorite purchases so far this year... VERY economical both for cost of the product and how much it saves on batteries... and very effective.

BIG thumbs up again, Lambda!

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SMJ-PR is amazing in my 2-C Mag. It isn't the most powerful light I own, but the beam quality *when focused tight* is superb. It easily out throws most of the lights I own. I can stand on my front porch and easily lightup my elderly neighbor across the street's carport, maybe 50-55 yards away.

I also tried it in a PT Tec20. Complete opposite here. Lots of wide smooth even flood, with just enought of a hotspot to give it some throw. Make for a really nice worklight.

Overall I am very impressed and will be buying several more to outfit relatives with as part of our hurricane kit. :thumbsup:

dca2

Enlightened
I stuck mine in a $0.97 Target light--it is my sons' favorite. Weird, it has a very tight hotspot but also has enormous sidespill. It easily lights up my large bedroom.

Revolvergeek, where in Louisiana?

Dave

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are a great bulb, I have installed them in all my 2 cell lights,
the lights are now worth using.
I have to get some more of these

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I really like the way these bulbs give good output on nearly depleted primary AAs. Going to pick up more, but would really like to get the 222-base units too. Lambda, any updates on 222 availability? Sorry in advance if I missed it in an earlier post/update.

randyo

Enlightened
You're gonna have to be reeeeeeaaaaal patient if you want more of these. I believe Lamda is busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. His order processing rate will soon be approaching the "ARC" zone. :lolsign:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

for TWO to UK

SMJLED PR 2 cell light bulb - $10.00 including shipping (US & Canada) International add $5.50.

Additional SMJ-PR 2 Bulbs - $9.00 each for up to six units (package size limit)

Arrived UK, 4 days !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvidledUK said:
:paypal:

for TWO to UK

SMJLED PR 2 cell light bulb - $10.00 including shipping (US & Canada) International add $5.50.

Additional SMJ-PR 2 Bulbs - $9.00 each for up to six units (package size limit)

EXTRA :paypal:SENT

Hi, forgot to add these to order for SMJ PR2 BULB x 2 just sent, please add to order, thanks

Super MJLED $5.50 Additional SMJLEDs $5.00 each

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang whats all this hype about!!!, If everyone's ordering one, this must be good!!!!

Has flashlightreviews.com reviewed it yet?

Paypal sent for one, PR SMJLED

randyo

Enlightened
The excitement is over the affordability of the package. $10 is a nice price for a 2-cell PR bulb LED replacement. It only draws around 145mA. Do the math. That gives you DAYS of runtime on your cheapie 2 D-cell light. Should be more than 20 hours of runtime on a 2AA model light.
The light output is pretty good as well. I say it's a bit stronger than the River Rock 0.5W Luxeon, with a very bright hot spot and decent throw. The spill beam is TOTALLY dependant on the reflector design. I get great spill on the little $2 Garrity 2AA flashlight. The $8.99 2D Garrity has less spill and a brighter hot-spot.
The floating waterproof Eveready models are different as well. In the larger 2D model, the hot spot was very bright and very tiny and the spill was weak - I would not even consider using this bulb in that model. Yet in the smaller 2AA model, it was acceptable.
If you can disassemble your cheapie flashlight and put some diffusion on the lens, it really helps balance the hotspot-to-spill ratio on these bargain basement lights.
I didn't like it much on my 2D Maglite until I put some PDA screen protector on the inside of the lens as a diffuser. Smoothed it out nicely. It's not a Luxeon, but it's better than stock with "forever" run time.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question. Do you send any form of communication when you have shipped the item? Just wondering.

Thanks!
AlexGT

randyo

Enlightened
I'm wondering too - are you still accepting orders? I ordered 4 SMJLED from the web site well over a week ago. My Visa hasn't been billed yet, so obviously nothing is happening. Should we stop ordering until you catch up on everything?

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlexGT - mine just showed up. I PPed to an address i ran across somewhere. (I assume this thread, but don't remember.)

Last edited:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
15 March. I don't remember how long it took to arrive, but it wasn't so long that i bagan to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts