Sofirn C01 Potted AAA w High CRI

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's too bad. Heck I told 'em I was down for 10 or more.

It really is unfortunate. However, it should not be too difficult to disassemble to swap LED's if you are comfortable soldering. Once I get mine, I will try to make a write up. I'm going to swap at least one for the 2300K high CRI emitters I got from rngwn. I'm tempted to do a set of color emitters matching the body colors, too. My wife probably won't approve, though.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Sofirn decided to also do a version with a 670nm deep red emitter, red body color only. It looks like that version is available now on their own website, and on their Ali Express site. The 3400K version so far is on their Ali Express site only.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I really wanted the potting, but I guess that's not going to happen. I ordered 2 of each.

On another forum, someone said they manually re-potted one of the early C01's that had uncured potting in it with "Star Brite Liquid Electrical Tape". They did not say if they disassemble the light and brush it on as a coating, or have some way of squeezing it through the potting hole in the driver.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
On another forum, someone said they manually re-potted one of the early C01's that had uncured potting in it with "Star Brite Liquid Electrical Tape". They did not say if they disassemble the light and brush it on as a coating, or have some way of squeezing it through the potting hole in the driver.
Thanks. Not sure why I'm so anal about potting. Got spoiled with my other keychain lights that claim to be potted.

In all reality, it probably makes little to no difference.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine just shipped too.

Is it possible to get the title of this thread changed to remove the potted part so as to not mislead anyone who hasn't read through all of the comments?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last edited:

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened
Received my ship notification today as well. 9 on the way. Great little lights as they were. Looking forward to the Sophia version.